Parts Quality

carsone

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello from Connecticut

Getting ready to buy a load of parts and could use some input on whether to get Yamaha factory parts or from
MikesXS ...

Where do Mike's parts originate from? Anybody know?

Thanx,
Carsone

Where do Mike's parts originate from? Anybody know?
China mostly. I tend to think of Mikes as a supplier of last resort. Some stuff is OK, some's iffy and some is downright awful. Go OEM whenever possible. I use Partzilla as much as possible. Keep an eye out on Ebay also. There's always some NOS parts there.

00U0U_2fw6WZtybM5_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mpo/d/portland-yamaha-xs650-lots-of-parts/7216825549.html
Welcome to the XS club. Some of us source parts like this just to get OEM extras. Its a bad habit lol.. but fun ! Tell us more specifically what you are after? And use XS650.COM Classifieds too :)

China mostly. I tend to think of Mikes as a supplier of last resort. Some stuff is OK, some's iffy and some is downright awful. Go OEM whenever possible. I use Partzilla as much as possible. Keep an eye out on Ebay also. There's always some NOS parts there.
Thank you sir. Carsone

I use partzilla to get the OEM part number. Then pop that in a search engine and you can get a lot of options, including eBay sales.
Along those lines I'll set up an eBay search for the part number I want. Been able to score a few NOS parts that way. You need to be patient though. The fascia for my GPz took a couple of years before one popped up in the UK.

In most cases, O.E.M. oil seals are the same (ARS brand), still available, and usually cheaper.

The question that comes to mind about these Yamaha parts suppliers.............

Does Yamaha manufacturer these rubber parts or do these suppliers get these rubber parts from other sources.........

PGM manufacture these parts but only sell them in a bulk perches

Sumo Rubber make front foot-peg rubbers and sell them for 8.50 Euro, (about $10.00 us).........and Sumo buy from PGM.........

The question that comes to mind about these Yamaha parts suppliers.............

Does Yamaha manufacturer these rubber parts or do these suppliers get these rubber parts from other sources.........

PGM manufacture these parts but only sell them in a bulk perches

Sumo Rubber make front foot-peg rubbers and sell them for 8.50 Euro, (about $10.00 us).........and Sumo buy from PGM.........
Can't speak to everything, but my footpeg rubbers were in "Genuine Yamaha" bags.

FWIW, Partzilla shipping is maddening. They give you a FedEx or UPS tracking # , but it’s a 3rd party shipper. Handoff to USPS. Two weeks or more for my last two orders. I’ll pay more for shipping if I may get it more reliably.

Back