1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jay Stonerider, Jul 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. New to the site and being an XS owner... just got her 2 days ago. I am looking for a parts source nearby, wondering "is there anybody... out there?" Need ignition parts, front brake res, starter button, etc. as it has been sitting awhile. Any heads-up would be appreciated.

2. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

3. It's a '77, XS650D from what I can tell, checked the serial # chart. (SN 447 723200, both on the frame and motor.)) Not a Special, pretty sure of that, missing one of the side covers, and the other just says 650. Thanks for gettin' back.

4. cooltouch

cooltouch XS650 Addict

Hey Jay,

Welcome to the site. Your 77D is a "standard." The Specials began in 1978. A lot of folks consider the '77 to be the best of the XS650s. Me, I think the 77-79 standards are about equally good.

When it comes to items like side covers (and quite a few other parts), eBay is your friend. I've bought a couple of sets for my 77 and 78 from eBay sellers.

5. Thanks Michael, the more info I've got the better! Didn't realize Specials didn't come out until '78... was still just riding dirt bikes then.