Petcock difference

Namor

XS650 Member
Reaction score
My SX650G came with 2 petcocks, I’d like to redo the correct one. The slight differences I see is drain plug vs no plug and longer outlet nipple and different filters. I’ve seen the excellent rebuild info just trying to understand the differences. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpeg
    IMG_2686.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 28
My SX650G came with 2 petcocks, I’d like to redo the correct one. The slight differences I see is drain plug vs no plug and longer outlet nipple and different filters. I’ve seen the excellent rebuild info just trying to understand the differences. Thanks
The XS650G is a single petcock bike with BS34 carburetors. Your fuel tank is not original to the bike. The petcock differences come as no surprise.

I believe the petcock shown on the left is the correct one. I have one as shown on the right, but I have no idea where it came from. Do you know what carburetors are installed on your bike? I have one of these bikes in my garage that appears to have very few modifications.

The XS650G is a single petcock bike with BS34 carburetors. Your fuel tank is not original to the bike. The petcock differences come as no surprise.
Sorry I wasn’t clear. The tank is a single petcock. 2 petcocks came with the spare parts. Trying to ID difference
I believe the petcock shown on the left is the correct one. I have one as shown on the right, but I have no idea where it came from. Do you know what carburetors are installed on your bike? I have one of these bikes in my garage that appears to have very few modifications.

My 78 had 2 petcocks and one was so different that I can not rebuild it cause the spacer between the diaphragms were like integrated together and did not match the rebuild kits. I think it was the one with the 2 part plastic filter like yours on the right.

IMO, with all the part swapping over the years, In order to tell what rebuild kit you need, you really have to dissassemble it and look at the diaphragms and the holes and vent locations.

Back