phillip island gp....... this sunday...ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys ,,,, i live in a litttle hick town called kaniva ,,its the last town on the western highway before S/A ,, NOW WITH THE WORLD GP RACES ON PHILLIP ISLAND at the weekend ,,, there,s been alot of bikers going thru to the island ,,,,, and of course the young falla i modelled my riding after . although i did leave it 40 years to lateto do so ........casey stoner ,,has promised to break the front straight speed record and lap record,,, i,m hoping he wins the island ,,,and he,ll need 1 more to win the championship it would be nice to see rossi,,, ride well .........but not tooooo well regards oldbiker............ i was on the official phillip island gp web site,,, i could have purchased a 3 day pass ,,,, ticket for $85 aust,,, with a concession that i have,,,,now i,m kicking myself... i.ll have too put this in the back of my brain,,, where i store stuff,,,,,,,,,, not to forget...

Last edited:
hi guys,,,, ok!!!! saturday in phillip island was practice,,, sh ,,t some stupid things happen ,,, like the guy coming round the bend at about 250k,, oh yeh,, hang on there,s already 2 riders set up going round the bend ,,,,no dramas until dickhead decides to pass on the outside .. cleaned up both rides the rider on the outside was hit hard just near the inside axle left hand side hard,,,, bits of bikes every where ,,, he was air lifted straight to hospital.. ... the rider that caused it all was heavily fined as well ,,, and yep.. caseys on pole ,,, hopefully he,ll do the job... he needs lorenzo to come 4th to win the champion ship this week ,,,,,, and shock ,,even the commentators couldn,t believe .. a suzuki on the first row... .. they were all in shock ... regards oldbiker

hi guys,,,, welll today is tuesday morning 18/10\11......... and well i,ve got to say ,,,,casey stoner ,,,won the championship and the race ,,, with a great win,,, in lousy weather,,, he started from pole and at 1 stage he was 11 seconds in front and lapping easily ,,, then with 10 laps remaining and light to heavy patchy rain on the track he stayed out on slicks and dropped the lead to 5 secs... the white flag was out ,,so he could have gone in and changed bikes to a wet weather set up bike ,,which they were warming up.. anyway he won nicely ,, ....at the start everybody was still talking about the suzuki in 4th at the start,,, and how did he get there ,,, and being a factory team ..and suzuki,s poor effort of support ,,,of only having 1 bike and no spare bike ,so if something happens ,,,its end off story.. ,, and of course rossi battled for 7-8th and he had dramas as well there was only 14 that finished the race ,,, on saturday the remaing others of the field had crashed out so did not line up ... casey does not even have tooooo race the remaing 2 races as he can not be beaten ... regards oldbiker

Back