Photobucket image fix

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Like most of us I have been frustrated by all the photobucket images that are blanked out throughout the net.

Today I found a Add-on' fix that many may be unaware of which will reveal all those photobucket images on Firefox and Chrome browsers. There may be fixes for other browsers .

Firefox users click on the 3x bars or dots at top right of the screen and select 'Add-ons'
Type 'Photobucket' into the search box . Select and download 'Photobucket Embedded Image Fix'
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?hotlinkfix=1516016394315

Now you should be able to view all those blank photobucket images again.

OPERA fix https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/photobucket-hotlink-fix/?display=en

Last edited:
Interesting, just installed it in Firefox... didn't help. Still can't see em.

I've just spent 5 minutes looking for a thread where some broken photobucket photos were present and can't find one.

P

This only works if you are using Firefox browser
keep the xs650 page open with the ransom note images then open this Motzilla page and download and run the photobucket embed fix
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=api

then check the xs650 images
photobucket.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the Chrome website and found the "add-in" or accessories option and it seems to work just fine!

P

OK - here are some more details for fixing Chrome:

- go to the three little dots in the top RH corner of your screen;
- select "More Tools"
- select "Extensions";
- search for "PhotoBucket";

I simply selected to most recent of the two available extensions - and it installed itself and seems to work like a charm.

Pete

No joy... this sucks cause I really want to see some of them pics. Obviously it works (your screenshot) but it ain't workin for me. Tried everything I can think of...GRRR:banghead:

Jim what version of Firefox are you using ?
the latest version is 57.0 make sure you are up to date first.
What version of Windows are you running ?
Are you anti virus or security settings preventing the add-on working ?

I just installed the add-on on my main PC which uses Opera and that works fine too.

If you installed it and it isn't working, clear your Firefox cache and try again, to be sure you load the image from the site again. Likewise if it is working, you can clear you cache and see it the add-on still works :) I think they've been trying to fix their problem (from their point of view) some.

Jim what version of Firefox are you using ?
the latest version is 57.0 make sure you are up to date first.
What version of Windows are you running ?
Are you anti virus or security settings preventing the add-on working ?
Odd.... just tried the link to the oil filter that I put up earlier... and all is revealed:)
Haven't done a damn thing... to be honest, I forgot all about it, and now it's magically working... go figure.
It work... that's all that counts!!

great ! perhaps you needed to shut down and restart your browser for it to take effect.

I tried that dozens of times the day I installed it....
No matter... it works now:)

Back