PICS

old boy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I took some pics and posted in a reply somewhere I needed help on how to upload them. As stated in my post I had to upload some docs to healthcare.gov to prove how poor I was and couldn't do it by myself. My daughter did it quickly and I couldnt follow. I dont have a smartphone, and just got a phone where I can text. I
got an ipod for Christmas that I have the pics on. I figured out how to get them to my computer and into a file.I see there is an "upload an image or file" I can click on. I dont know whats going to happen next. I hope I'm successful as I know how much Gary likes pics.

Click the upload image or file button. A pop up window appears for you to pick/browse the location of your picture. Click on the picture then in the bottom right of the pop up click open. At that point, the pop up disappears and you will see a progress bar at the bottom, when the pic is loaded the progress bar is replaced with three buttons, thumbnail, full image and delete. click the full image button. the picture will be inserted wherever your cursor is at in the post.front, middle or end.

Thanks I'll give it a try
my ipod pics 174.JPG
my ipod pics 175.JPG
my ipod pics 177.JPG
my ipod pics 178.JPG

Looking good old boy! You will have a very nice bike when you get her cleaned up and sorted. Will enjoy watching your progress.

Woo Hoo! you got it. Yeah!! that looks like a great time and money pit :jk: start for a restoration. :rock:
For sure it looks well worth doing, I've started with lots worse.

Congrats on getting the photos pasted. We all like bike pics.
I agree with the others, you have a very nice beginning point for a project.

Looking good old boy! You will have a very nice bike when you get her cleaned up and sorted. Will enjoy watching your progress.
When you say soon,what is your expectation on riding it? Even though I'm retired, I have a lot of family obligations that take priority over my having fun. I'd be happy to ride mine sometime this year. Don't know if that is unrealistic. There's a lot of work to do first.

When you say soon,what is your expectation on riding it? Even though I'm retired, I have a lot of family obligations that take priority over my having fun. I'd be happy to ride mine sometime this year. Don't know if that is unrealistic. There's a lot of work to do first.
Hi old boy,
dontcha just hate it when someone pushes you away from the computer, goes clickety-click on the keyboard and says "There you go!"
when what you wanted was for them to tell YOU how to do it; tell you real slow so you can write down every little keystroke and mouseclick that's needed?
And how much work is needed to get the bike running, eh?
The photos show the right rear signal sagging, the right front signal, left rider's foot-peg and left tank badge MIA and something not quite right with what looks to be the throttle cable. That's an afternoon's work to fix if you have the parts at hand. What else is wrong with it?

Woo Hoo! you got it. Yeah!! that looks like a great time and money pit :jk: start for a restoration. :rock:
For sure it looks well worth doing, I've started with lots worse.
Very encouraging.Was any of your 20 restores a 73? I bought two more cans of PB blaster last night.When did they stop supplying the straw? Where should I not be spraying it? It took me two days to get the throttle tube off. wondered if this stuff will damage rubber or chrome. Pulled the tank off also and discovered there is still a very small amount of gas in it. Your first reply implied I wouldn't be welcome until you saw some pics Its nice to get that monkey off my back,even though you and everyone else gave me a pass. I think the j/k sign means "just kidding" definitely like the second one.

The PB Blaster may not be the best for soaking rubber stuff in, but it won't hurt any of the metal parts. Get some anti-seize compound and apply it to every nut and bolt you remove before installing them again. The only exception would be internal carb and motor parts.

Hi old boy,
dontcha just hate it when someone pushes you away from the computer, goes clickety-click on the keyboard and says "There you go!"
when what you wanted was for them to tell YOU how to do it; tell you real slow so you can write down every little keystroke and mouseclick that's needed?
And how much work is needed to get the bike running, eh?
The photos show the right rear signal sagging, the right front signal, left rider's foot-peg and left tank badge MIA and something not quite right with what looks to be the throttle cable. That's an afternoon's work to fix if you have the parts at hand. What else is wrong with it?
Hasn't run for 26 yrs.

The PB Blaster may not be the best for soaking rubber stuff in, but it won't hurt any of the metal parts. Get some anti-seize compound and apply it to every nut and bolt you remove before installing them again. The only exception would be internal carb and motor parts.
thanks. do you recommend a particular brand?

Hey old boy. Click in the search bar in the upper right corner and when you do a drop down box appears.

In the 'Posted by Member': box, just type in TeeCat and you will see all his posts.

Back