Pictures of Fleetwood Country Cruize-in 2017 - Cadillac Museum 1

robinc

Member of the 'yellow meter gang'
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Steve Plunkett is a huge Cadillac collector. I have no idea how many he has and I suspect he may even lose count. He has a couple of above ground museums that he opens to the public during these shows as well as underground garages with an elevator. Almost all of his Cadillac's, are licensed, plated and driven. He will often enlist the help of some of his buddies to help him drive a few of his cars to local events. Tough call to get......."Gee Steve.......ya know....I'm pretty busy"

I promise we'll get to the bike pics but I'm kind of laying this out as it happens as you walk through his property.

Once again, remember the deal. I’ll post the pics, you guys have to supply the “I remember” stories.

This is his 'newer' Cadillac museum.
He rotates which vehicles are on display here every year. In the past I have seen Caddies that were owned by Elvis, John Wayne (with a custom raised roof because he was so tall) and JFK.
And there's a bunch more behind me in this pic.

IMG_20170603_150523.jpg

IMG_20170603_150432.jpg

And here's one purchased new by Johnny Cash.

IMG_20170603_150128.jpg

Wow - quite. The collection indeed!

I sure wish I could have made it up to see the display Robin.

Yes, Pete, it's really mind boggling.

Hey....."There's always next year"

Put in on your calendar, first weekend of June.

Oh, man. Caddies. More memories.

As a child, we had a '41 Fleetwood and a '49.
I think the '41 weighed in at 6000 lbs.

Even in the '60s those things were old...

Got some more pics to post of some 'real old ones'.

Aahh, I remember when I was a young lad working in a fleet garage for a large lumber company. The owner of the company bought two 1956 Cadillac convertibles that he wanted to make one good car out of. I had the task of pulling parts he wanted off of the donor car, like that enormous grill and front bumper assembly and the tube type radio that was the size of a small microwave oven ( which sounded incredibly good by the way).
But the coolest feature, in my humble opinion, anyone remember the hidden gas cap?
image.jpeg

When I was kid in the 60's, the family across the street always had a 50's caddy with the rubber bullets on the front bumper in the driveway. That's my Caddy memory. Last night there was a car show at the faux 50's diner Little Anthony's here in Tucson. There is always some Caddy restored or road warrior. There was a nicely restored late 40's Caddy last night.

Ooooohhhhh....nice.

I love that hidden gas cap Bob. Some GM VP of Design (i.e. styling - aka the Beauty Police) had a hard-on about hidden gas caps and he must have swung a lotta lead because something like that would drive the assembly people absolutely bonkers.

Last edited:
‘Thanks for the memories’ 2M, Bob and azman.....

The pictures tell a story, but it's the memories that add depth and meaning.

It was and is my hope that these threads will continue to expand with many more.

......and I'll bet your dad was really proud of you!!!

Please tell us how he showed his approval....

Approval?

Well, what I recall of the *correction* procedure:

It started with a strange dance routine, dear ol' dad uttering a series of melodious high-pitched grunts, accompanied by rhythmic arm waving, immediately followed with rapid foot work, running toward me.

I was instantly raptured from my command station, and whisked away to an alternative location, where the Cadillac was out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

He then presented me with a new, more daunting challenge.

A 4 inch piece of scotch tape.

"Here, play with this!"

No problem, I can solve this. Simply peel it off my left thumb.
*waitaminit*, Now it's stuck to my right thumb.
No problem, I can solve this. Simply peel it off, and...
*huh?* *What th...?*

Repeat this cycle until dad's laughter subsides.

Don't remember much after that, must've blacked out.

To this day, I'm haunted by the 'Cadillac and scotch tape' episode...

A 4 inch piece of scotch tape.

"Here, play with this!"

No problem, I can solve this. Simply peel it off my left thumb.
*waitaminit*, Now it's stuck to my right thumb.
No problem, I can solve this. Simply peel it off, and...
*huh?* *What th...?*

2M, I have been laughing about this all day.

Without a word of a lie, when we got to the job site this morning, I thought I'd better fix those wonky trailer tailight wires before we see some flashing reds in the mirrors.

Then Damn, forgot to bring some shrinkwrap, no problem, I'll just use some electrical tape.................Hey!

Thanks for the chuckles!

Back