Pictures of mag wheels on bobbers

dj_elite

dj_elite
Reaction score
Searched and couldn't find much. I've got a '78 with mags and want to see some bobbers done with mags and get some ideas of what poeple have done with them ie. polish, paint, paint/polish, powdercoat, etc... :thumbsup:

Tons of 'em out there. Just off the top of my head you can check out Ardcore's website. A lot of their scoots have mags.

1712334963317.png

xs650-custom.jpg

1712334976479.png

attachment.jpg

Couple of ideas for ya that I found courtesy of google images

Someone should have warned me before I scrolled to the one with lime green wheels!:yikes:

Thanks, and congrats on your rat trophy for the sidecar rig. I couldnt get there last weekend, but definitely next year.

Daniel, since you asked, here's my old Dog. I prefer paint over powder. It's easier, cheaper, better coverage in corners and crevices and about the same ruggedness if you use good stuff like urethane or epoxy.

If you powder you need to sandblast first with aluminum oxide media (not glass beads). With paint, you clean it and shoot it with self etching primer before the color coat.

I also brush a coat of color on first to get in the nooks and crannies before I spray. Spray the first coat while your brush strokes are still sticky so it all flows together. Shoot clear over the color coat if you like just make sure its chemically compatible and the color is completely dry or you can lift the color into a wrinkle finish (not good).
100_1650.jpg

That is sweet. What are the specs on the frame if I can ask? I'd like to hartail my virgin '81 if I can get it to sit like this.

Sorry for the post hijack.

Last edited:
Back