Plug for Jim C-G’s Old Guy on a Bike YouTube channel!

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dear XS650.com forum members:
First - a confession or two:
  • I have a very busy and complex job that involves a fair bit of travel (I’m in Germany for 3 weeks right now);
  • I am an inveterate insomniac;
  • I love watching well-made YouTube videos and I HATE-HATE-HATE badly made ones.
OK - that was three - so sue me.

So, why the plug?

Well, I’ve been swanning around southern Germany for several days now and Jim’s excellent videos of his motorcycle adventures have kept me sane and entertained me beyond what I could have imagined as I toss and turn in search of sleep.
His videography is excellent, his commentary is cogent and interesting, his humour is in good taste and his musical selections are very nice. In addition, his skills as a bike-camper are highly advanced and he has taught me a few things in just watching a half dozen videos. He tows a cool MiniMate trailer and it has provided some great (and not so great) moments too as well as some super How-To’s. He also responds to comments and suggestions and is generally a cool guy (although I have not had the pleasure of meeting him).

All that, plus he rides an ST1300 (same as me) and he rides it very well.

Anyhow - check him out. Here is a good place to start (I think that this one is actually his 100th video):

I will go back to the beginning and start over again - but I’m just too tired right now. I think that Jim’s videos are gonna get me through the approaching winter.
Cheers,
Pete

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
slv13.gif

Last edited:
Back