Plug wire options

dunnroadmafia

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my pamco ignition with high output coil from mikes and everything looks great, but i do have beef with the yellow plug wires. Is it possible to run 8mm 800 ohm wires with this setup, might sound like a dumb question, i only ask because there are some moroso plug wires laying around the garage off a small block chevy that are black? So could these be used?

The best wire deal I've found is $1 per foot on ebay, sold by the foot. 7mm, black, wire core. Hard and stiff unless it's warmed. Good stuff.

dunnroadmafia,

7 mm would be better just because they will fit the coil better. Are those 800 Ohm wires 800 Ohms per foot?

If you are going to use them, then don't use resistor caps or resistor plugs. They also may not fit the caps that came with the kit.

You can buy a complete set of 8 7mm non resistor spark plug wires from Advance Auto for a small block Chevy engine for less than $25.

Thanks for the quick responses, as far as the 800 omhs per foot i am not sure ill have to look they are moroso blue max wires. We just built a 385 stroker and some left over chunks do fabbing up our own wires, i also thought about the whole size difference with the 8mm having a lager overall diameter. Ill get some info on the wires and post back up, just throwing around ideas. Once again thanks for the quick response, this forum never disappoints.

7mm wires would be the easiest. That's what the coil towers and plug caps are made to accept. Any metal core non-resistor type wire will work fine. Personally, I use 7mm copper core silicone wires from VW Beetle wire kits.

Back