pm questions

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Travis,

Would it be plausible to have the ability to upload pics to pm's?
I know inserting works but not uploads.
Also any requests for extra storage like a saved folder?
I know it would increase costs overall for storage.
Maybe something available to paying subscription members?

Unfortunately there is no way add attachments to a PM. I've wanted to do that several times. It's stupid that vBulletin doesn't include it in the core software and I'm surprised that there are no stable add-ons for it. I guess you could post attachments in a thread in the test section and direct people to that, but I know that's a shitty work around. If I need to send pictures to someone, I always just get their email and do it that way. I wish there were more I could do about that. I'd probably have to change the site software to make it happen, and that would have it's own problems and restrictions.

The issue of storage space for PMs hasn't come up much. You can export or download all of your old message to free up space, while still having the old messages backed up to your computer if you need them later. You can create folders and organize private messages as you please.

I was recently thinking of allowing subscriptions and giving more space for PMs as well as few other tweaks for subscribers. In the meantime, I've increased the number of stored messages from 150 to 200 to buy some time while I look into it.

Hello sir, as I am new here, I don't know what does PM refers to about which you are talking. And why is it impossible to upload pictures in it.

Back