PMA and cap with LED tail light

3Deuces

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I'm concerned that the lower voltage "flickering" at idle may be a problem for LEDS. I've read online that they will work down to 2vdc. Anyone know for sure?

Has anyone done this? I'm concerned that the lower voltage "flickering" at idle may be a problem for LEDS. I've read online that they will work down to 2vdc. Anyone know for sure?

An LED tail light draws only a fraction of the current used by an incadescent bulb. That small amount of current is a good thing, because it will not pull down the voltage as much as a regular bulb would. Less voltage pull down = less flicker.

LEDs are very durable and will not be damaged by flickering voltage.

Pretty much what RG said.

I have two xs650 bikes with straight up all around LED's (besides headlight) and PMA's, zero issues. If anything it relieves pressure off the charging system, but really that's nit picking, nothing wrong with the stock charging system either, I just don't like to run batteries.

Deuces - I am also setting up a PMA with cap, and just beginning to confront the wiring issue. How's your's set up? Can I pick your brain?

Back