PMA Pamco= Battery or Capasitor??

shuckclams

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i have tried searching for some direct answer's but have not had much luck. ok, so here's the story.

I bought the pma/pamco kit off mikesxs for my 83 build. I think no battery with a small electrical box looks clean as hell and that's what im going for. so the question is, what do I need to make that happen? from what I understand a capacitor will do just the trick while fitting nicely, tucked away in an electronics box.

anyone else running this set up? in going for a kick only, headlight and tail light.
any recommendations?

I have basically zero knowledge about this stuff and kind of just buying shit and sending it his way. thanks in advance!!!

Most run the Sparx cap from Low Brow Customs. If you place 'PMA' and 'Capacitor' in the search, you'll have a full night of reading material.

I'm running the LowBrow Sparx on mine. At one point I decided that I wanted a battery because breaking down in the dark on i80 with no lights was bad. So I ran a really small battery for a few weeks until my bike destroyed it. With a dead battery there was no way to start my bike. So I went back to the cap. I like knowing that I can always start it even if it sets for a week or two. And I hope I get the bugs out this next go around so I'm not killing electronics. (vibration issues destroying everything)

Back