PMA Timing Tab - Got the simple solution for you!

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
*Well, its been almost 10 years doing this! Its been a good ride and I don't plan to stop anytime soon.

I know that not all XS650's come with the removeable timing tab on the Alternator. Some folks (including myself) have been just making scribes/marks on the side cover with a sharpie/dremel/etc... I drew these up in Cad so they are perfectly degree'd to the Factories recommended Ignition Timing and Full Advance...

All you gotta do is clean the OEM side cover with a non-greasy solvent, apply this sticker, set the engine to TDC and make a corresponding mark on your PMA flywheel to TDC and you are set.

These are currently available with the complete PMA kit or the hardware kit, but if there is enough demand, I'll make some more up for you folks :thumbsup:

**If you need one, I have them! Free, just order anything on the website and in the comment section for the order request a Timing Sticker.

101_7528.jpg

Thanks for all your support - Hugh

Last edited:
hah so simple but saves time. if i already purchased the PMA components from you could i throw you a few bucks for just a sticker?

hah so simple but saves time. if i already purchased the PMA components from you could i throw you a few bucks for just a sticker?

Anyone who has already purchased a PMA kit from HHB can just send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope and I'll take care of ya... No extra cost to you :bike:

Send an SASE to:

Hugh Owings
7 Robinwood Ave
Asheville NC 28806

Make sure you include a note stating that you want a Timing Sticker (and I'll toss some of the other Hugh's HandBuilt stickers in there with em - :thumbsup:)

Hi Hugh, looks good - would this work for a PMA setup on a 277 rephased engine with Pamco? I'm struggling to get my head around how to mark up the new rotor with timing marks that can be used to dynamically set timing...
Any thoughts?

Shakey,

Yes, I use them on my rephased engines... Set the #1 cylinder to TDC, make a corresponding mark on the flywheel, and you are good to go...

Soooo I just saved that pic file, opened in MS paint, cropped everything that isn't the sticker, and resized to 150%. Set the Page Options to NOT auto scale to 1x1 page and printed in portrait aspect. A lil silicone glue and Bob's your uncle, as they say.
Scaled_Timing_Sticker.jpg IMG_0554.JPG

I know that not all XS650's come with the removeable timing tab on the Alternator. Some folks (including myself) have been just making scribes/marks on the side cover with a sharpie/dremel/etc... I drew these up in Cad so they are perfectly degree'd to the Factories recommended Ignition Timing and Full Advance...

All you gotta do is clean the OEM side cover with a non-greasy solvent, apply this sticker, set the engine to TDC and make a corresponding mark on your PMA flywheel to TDC and you are set.

These are currently available with the complete PMA kit or the hardware kit, but if there is enough demand, I'll make some more up for you folks :thumbsup:

101_7528.jpg

Thanks for all your support - Hugh
M

Back