Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If somebody makes that mount shoot me an email because now I'm cautious about ordering one

Hey man, what rear fender are you running and how do you have it mounted? I can't find it on your 23 pages :p

Hey man, what rear fender are you running and how do you have it mounted? I can't find it on your 23 pages :p

Page 6 Got mounts on both swingarm and and swingarm brace.

full

full

Just a little update on details.

Found a nice spot to put all my led's (neutral,high-beam,button)

full

Chucking the old brake reservoir.

full

instead of rubber mounting your tail light, why don't you get a LED bulb? as long as you don't buy a cheap ebay one, you should be able to get away with a brighter (ie safer) light and a lot longer life.

LED is a great idea. As far as the Triumph goes its a positive ground system and therefore incompatible with LED. It can be rewired to trick the twilight into operating negative ground, which is the next step for mine. I got blacked out again last night on the way home from our monthly vintage meetup. Doing the retrofit today...

Posted via Mobile

I might just retrofit an led into the existing light I have. I agree LED is the way to go. No broken bulbs etc is a good thing.

LED is a great idea. As far as the Triumph goes its a positive ground system and therefore incompatible with LED. It can be rewired to trick the twilight into operating negative ground, which is the next step for mine. I got blacked out again last night on the way home from our monthly vintage meetup. Doing the retrofit today...

Posted via Mobile

Yeah Thanks I jumped on that immediately I couldn't believe the price, I also just scored a GS550 tank for $10.50 on Ebay it was changed out on a new bike years ago and never used its basically NOS
GS550 tank.jpg

I plan on cutting Knee Indents and it'll go on that same Bike I'm gonna use the Omar's kit on and I'm hoping to create my own seat & tail section out of Fiberglass also so it will all flow together something similar to this one i saw thats for sale for $499 on ebay
Tail.JPG

But man I can only hope to end up with something close to the kind of Awesome craftsmanship i see on your Bike! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Holy crap! 10.50 for that tank? Damn man.. you come across all the good deals. Saw that you got a few projects in the works and I'm eally diggin the enduro build. Can't wait to see the updates on it.

That rear seat cowl looks awesome man.. You've got a lot of cool projects underway! I think that combo is going to look sick! Flows nicely. A full fairing would make it look so bad ass!

Btw thanks for the kind words! Kind of lagging on this build but I want everything to be just right. Hopefully she runs as good as she looks haha!

Yeah Thanks I jumped on that immediately I couldn't believe the price, I also just scored a GS550 tank for $10.50 on Ebay it was changed out on a new bike years ago and never used its basically NOS
View attachment 32248

I plan on cutting Knee Indents and it'll go on that same Bike I'm gonna use the Omar's kit on and I'm hoping to create my own seat & tail section out of Fiberglass also so it will all flow together something similar to this one i saw thats for sale for $499 on ebay
View attachment 32249

But man I can only hope to end up with something close to the kind of Awesome craftsmanship i see on your Bike! :thumbsup:

Hey Bro.
I like the master cylinder! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I would like to toss in this.
I think the all thread needs sleeved with a aluminum tubes.
no threads showing then.
just a thought:D

Damn Bro! That's a great Idea! Those threads really bothered me too LOL. It didn't fit the look and looked to old school with all the new school stuff I've got going on. I'm going to do what you suggested :thumbsup:

Hey Bro.
I like the master cylinder! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I would like to toss in this.
I think the all thread needs sleeved with a aluminum tubes.
no threads showing then.
just a thought:D

Decided to buy new brake lines. I got a set from http://www.magnumshielding.com/brake_lines.htm with custom swivel "EZ-ALIGN so I can adjust lines on the front and rear brakes. Such a sick product. worth the $ and the black pearl shielding looks super sweet up close.

full

E-Z Align brake lines offer a rotating caliper banjo feature for perfect, no-kink fitments. All fittings are highly polished and chrome plated or black-chrome plated.

EZAlignBanjoPicture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back