Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jdizon,

Is this a new build for you or is this a redo of the one you had with the Vrod front fairing.

Loving the look so far. That 19 inch rear mag looks so bad a.

Jdizon,

Is this a new build for you or is this a redo of the one you had with the Vrod front fairing.

Loving the look so far. That 19 inch rear mag looks so bad a.

Thanks man! "Redo" is exactly what it is. Aesthetically the biggest changes will go to the rear end. 19" inch rims out back, Longer fender, beefier swingarm and thin rigid strut/springs
which will replace the BURLY burly's shocks :laugh: Everything on the bike will be polished,painted or powder coated. Upgrading all braking components and cleanup the wiring. Engine wise, when all said is done I'll end up with a Rephased 750 :) Also plan to do a 5th gear overdrive while I'm at it. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Hey djizon,
Looking good, well the '54 Pontiac hubcap I was planing to dress up the 16" mag with doesn't fit too well... see my thread for pictures. Now Plan B seems to be my next option... 19"Mag. Is the fancy swing arm lengthend or modified to accept the 19" mag and wide tire?
So you are running a front tire in the rear? Any rules to be broken here... or just size. I have always wondered about that?

Lester

Last edited:
Hey djizon,
Looking good, well the '54 Pontiac hubcap I was planing to dress up the 16" mag with doesn't fit too well... see my thread for pictures. Now Plan B seems to be my next option... 19"Mag. Is the fancy swing arm lengthend or modified to accept the 19" mag and wide tire?
So you are running a front tire in the rear? Any rules to be broken here... or just size. I have always wondered about that?

Lester

Lol you should have went with the pizza Pan hubcaps instead haha! Yeah the front tire would probably wear out a lot faster, at some point i will replace with universal front/rear tires like the avon am26 . I have no clearance issues with swingarm. The brace stock or lengthened could fit whatever tire size the stock swingram without a brace can support. I Think the widest is around 5" or so.

Fucking love this bike!

uploadfromtaptalk1360253031171.jpg

Lester...

I'm using 1960 Cadillac hub caps to cover my rear mag

What you doing for bars? Im stuck on bars for my build. I think Im going to try some riserless turn down attck bars with a polished brass inlay tonight. Seems like we have a similar style tho so I was just curious what you were going to run lol

What you doing for bars? Im stuck on bars for my build. I think Im going to try some riserless turn down attck bars with a polished brass inlay tonight. Seems like we have a similar style tho so I was just curious what you were going to run lol

Really digging these bars. Bmx influenced. Man I'd like to see those riserless turn down attck bars. I think those would look sick :thumbsup:

xs650+mini+bmx+II+003.jpg

xs650+mini+bmx+II+001.jpg

Met with Robert, Owner of Omar Dirt track racing and I was finally able to pick up a real wheel conversion kit. Decided to Go with 36/17 gearing. Want the quick acceleration around town :)

full

Also picked up brembo calipers and ebc rotors and mounting kit for out back. Need to mount new brake stays. Really quality work. Spent quite a bit of time chatting it up with Robert and going over the cool toys in his garage. He is a wealth of information. The drive out was worth it.

full

Thanks Guys ;)

More mockup fun. Playing with Fairings this evening. Chin scoop I picked up from on old Honda Interceptor.

full

Lester...

I'm using 1960 Cadillac hub caps to cover my rear mag

livingdeadmc... thats great looking, I wasn't aware of these hubcaps at the time.
Looking forward to seeing them on the bike.

Lol you should have went with the pizza Pan hubcaps instead haha! Yeah the front tire would probably wear out a lot faster, at some point i will replace with universal front/rear tires like the avon am26 . I have no clearance issues with swingarm. The brace stock or lengthened could fit whatever tire size the stock swingram without a brace can support. I Think the widest is around 5" or so.

Thanks for the info... get that Avon on the mag and show us....
Everything is looking really good, You are making great progress. My progress has come to a hault due to the welder brake down. :banghead:

Cheers
Lester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back