Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice stable mate ! Where did you come by that? Single down tube and ready for a hard tail, COOL! I wish I had your PhotoShop skills, would take a lot of guessing out of the equasion and save time!

Love this build! How'd you mount that rear fender? Is that the stock front fender?

:thumbsup: Rear fender is a front. Tubing from the old rear-end was repurposed and has
a mount welded on the swing arm. I originally had a lighter aluminum fender but after putting the front fender, I might install another mount that I'll attach to the bottom swing arm brace. rubber washers used on the bolts. Also notched front fender so I can adjust length.

Plan to get this area sandblasted and pretty soon so don't mind the nasty-ness lol

full

Nice stable mate ! Where did you come by that? Single down tube and ready for a hard tail, COOL! I wish I had your PhotoShop skills, would take a lot of guessing out of the equasion and save time!

Thanks Lester! I've got actually got 2 other titled frames.. I think I plan to send one to voodoo vintage and have the neck attached to a mk6 frame.

Thanks! I picked it up from OmarsDTR when I stopped by to pickup the conversion kit for my rear wheel. I saw it installed and one of his bikes and liked the setup. He placed the order for me and had it dropped shipped to my door. Not sure where he got them from but you can give the shop a call.

Another mount added to support fender on the lower swingarm brace. Should be solid now. Never liked the look of fender support struts. New brake stay tabs welded up. All fab done and ready for paint and body.

full

full

full

full

jdizon, I dig that brake setup! A lot cleaner than the factory one. I didn't see what your gonna run on the front.Glad to hear your ready for paint and body! Can't wait to see what she looks like all done.

Another mount added to support fender on the lower swingarm brace. Should be solid now. Never liked the look of fender support struts. New brake stay tabs welded up. All fab done and ready for paint and body.

full

full

full

full

Progress! :thumbsup:

jdizon, I dig that brake setup! A lot cleaner than the factory one. I didn't see what your gonna run on the front.Glad to hear your ready for paint and body! Can't wait to see what she looks like all done.

Thanks John! A lot cleaner and probably 10 times lighter :D Going to run Brembo's up front as well. Haven't bought the hardware yet but it should be bolt on and no fab work required if I go with Pandemonium brackets for the caliper. I plan to go through the frame one more time this weekend and get all the weld splashes etc cleaned up.

Progress! :thumbsup:

Yesir!!! :thumbsup:

The JoeWiseGuy brace is looks great. Very cool build man

Thanks man! She's getting there. Plan to tear into the engine soon. Might place an order this weekend for a big bore kit and 5th gear OD. That or dump money on a hard tail for my other MONEY PIT, build :laugh:

Spending time Choppin tabs, grinding and smoothing out welds before she goes out for powder or paint.

full

where did you get them from? should look good

You can buy this whole setup from A&A Racing in California, it's the same setup we use on our flattrackers. A&A has been in business suppling racers for like 100 years. Ask for Rochelle, shes a sweetie and knows alot about flattracking.
www.aaracing.com

BT

You can buy this whole setup from A&A Racing in California, it's the same setup we use on our flattrackers. A&A has been in business suppling racers for like 100 years. Ask for Rochelle, shes a sweetie and knows alot about flattracking.
www.aaracing.com

BT

Cool man. I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.

Yeah Man! Get it.

Hell yeah! :D

I don't like grinding! That's is why I tig everything.....

Nice man that's why your welds look so smooth! haha I don't like grinding either :laugh:

Frame/Swingarm sent out for powder coating. A bunch of goodies ordered from Mikexs to upgrade swingarm/fork/steering bushings/bearings etc.. Anything missing?

Swingarm bushings bronze
swingarm grease seal set
swingarm bolt grease fitting
Steering Stem Bearing Kit XS650
35mm fork seals
Damper bolt sealing Washers (Pk/2)
77-84 Fork Tube Caps O-Rings - Pk/2
Clip - Fork Seal 77-84 35mm. (Pk2)
Washer - Fork Seal 77-84 35mm. (Pk2)
Fork Dust Covers 77-84 XS650 (Pk2)
Rubber Plug (Fork tube top Cap) Pk/2
Fork Oil Level Gauge