Post your honey-do's

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
We all gotta do things around the house to either appease the spouses equal time rule or just fix something to either make it work or improve it. my wife is into embroidery with a high-end computerized machine. I try to make her work area as nice as I can so that she leaves mine alone, lol. Today's project was giving her more thread storage. went to HD and picked up basic supplies. 4'x4' piece of peg-board which the cut in half and half again for the three pieces I needed.

Attachments

• threadstart.JPG
    threadstart.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 107
Next I had to cut dowels so I wrapped them in blue tape so they wouldn't fly away as I cut them in a bunch.threadstart1.JPG threadstart2.JPGthen the tedious task of dipping the dowels in glue and tapping them into place. threadstart3.JPG I used a cabinet that was full of junk to mount the boards.threadcabinet1.JPG Once the boards were mounted she started putting her thread in and I went back to the garage......About two hours of work for total contentment. A great trade-off.threadfinal.JPG

I've done the wrap a bundle of dowel stick trick. Works great especially if you are cutting short lengths.

Yep weekendrider, 4" chunks like to go flying off my mitresaw. Tape trick works great and picks up a lot of the sawdust when you cut.

Todays honey-do's: Clean the Master Cool and winterize. Clip the dogs toe nails. Go pick up the travel trailer from storage and clean the outside.

UM

Today . . . Helped the son rotate tires and flush the radiator so the Lil bride would have an excuse to babysit the granddaughter.
Dig out a crate and wash it up for our new guardian.
IMG_20171112_183140_333[1].jpg
IMG_20171110_082132_293[1].jpg
IMG_20171110_080012_468[1].jpg

Today I filled 6 bags with leaves, shut off the outside faucets and put away the hoses. Then we put away all the lawn furniture and closed up the pool shed. This past week I swapped tires and wheels on 4 vehicles and replaced a bunch of light bulbs on the outdoor lighting. I guess Christmas lights will be next.

My wife came up with the idea that there should be "Phil`s Job Jar" sitting on top of the fridge. In it was folded notes with a task around the house that could be done according to the draw each Saturday morning. Well guess what! Saturday was Drag Race day and I had to do more important man stuff like prepare the bank deposit slip for the money I was going to win that night and wash the truck and go to lunch etc etc. None of which had anything to do with the job jar tasks. That was over 20 years ago and The job jar is long gone. So is the wife, the drag car and the money. Who could have ever seen that coming?? Maybe I shoulda just mowed the yard and took out the trash. Nah, I can do that stuff anytime:shrug:

Last edited:
RIGHT ON Phil.....although some might disagree. I figure you only go through once and so, within reason, we should all do our thing as long as we share our efforts and energy with those around us.

Remember, the boys don't stop playing 'cause they get old, they get old 'cause they stop playing.

Some people get old at 60, some get old at 80, some never really do get old...
....and sadly, some get old in their 20's or even younger. Those are the people for whom I feel sorry. They live grey lives themselves and add little to those of others.

It`s funny how that works. I seem to spend more time helping others now more than I do myself and feel good about it. I don`t mind getting old but "growing up" scares the hell out of me. I turned 70 last Tuesday and did the right thing. I spent the whole weekend on CL & eBait looking for another drag boat and a super bike. I`ll feel old later when I have time.

Back