Powder Coating

Moonshiner

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've been in to coating for a couple years now, and I want to start leaning more towards motorcycle parts. This is going to be a trial run to see if i get any takers or interest from you guys.
I feel I am pretty fair on my $ since I don't carry alot of overhead. I figure most business would be conducted through the postal service, so I'm not sure if this would be good or bad.(with the flat rate shipping from usps) it might not be to bad.(example) I figure you could throw all your brackets in a box for $6, I could shoot them and send them back.
I'm not limited to small parts as I have a large oven.
Anyway you guys let me know if anyone is interested in doing business, and I will get you a quote. Thanks.:bike:
I have a bunch of pics of my work, but I'm a computer tard. I can email pics, but most of my stuff I can't get to post up on here.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 399
A couple more, although on the victory I only did the swingarm and some odds and ends.

Attachments

• document-21.jpg
    document-21.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 403
  • document-27.jpg
    document-27.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3349.jpg
    IMG_3349.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20120424_145129.jpg
    IMG_20120424_145129.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC_0882_small.jpg
    DSC_0882_small.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 360
I have a '75 I have had for 30 years, I am looking to work on,
Can you get close to the 1973 650 Blue? I have always loved that color.
I would do my tank, covers and headlight,
I have a couple turn signal dimples do you do any of that?
otherwise it is very clean and straight.
Give me some ideas??
I have some Black Powder stuff as well you do any trading? Also into Professional grade
Telescopes, mostly $500.00 - $3500.00 stuff..

Your posting problems are probably due to file size or type..
Download Picasa 3, (free) you can change things up to work.. I can help you..
I am a Computer tech..
PM me, we will swap numbers and talk.
Larry

Hey Moonshiner. What are you thinking for prices? I have a frame and rims and some engine parts that i'd love to get powder coated but it's just way too pricey locally.

I have a bunch of small parts, and a pair of wheels and hubs I may want done in a candy red, like an anodized red color. I am thinking chrome base coat and a translucent red or burgundy over top. Let me know if this is something you can do for me, thank you.

I get alot of my powder from columbiacoatings.com they have a lot af choices in colors. If it is metal it can be coated, although anything that will melt in the oven would need removed.
I don't mind to spend a few bucks on shipping, but if bigger items are hitting the mail, its gonna be on your dime.
Translucents are not a problem, although they cost more due to the powder prices and multiple coating procedure.
I have a stock tank,covers, headlight and ears, I thought about doing and selling. I just need to get some free time.

I will gather up what I have and do an inventory on it. I don't mind paying return shipping at all, I expect to, if I got you a picture of what all I want done do you think you could give me a rough price on what it wouldcost to coat them? I am familiar with the PC process so all items would be prepped aside from the wash you need to do, unless you can also do sandblasting?

Right now I know I have:

21" front rim
18" rear rim
Rear drum brakes hub
Front hub
Resrset foot peg brackets and levers
Triple tree

I will likely have other small parts to do too like rocker covers and maybe my side cases too.

You let me know what you want done, and what color, and i will give you a price. I can do the blasting on most parts, however if you blast them, I can give you a better price, either way its your call.
The only time I have an issue with blasting the parts, are if they have been powder coated before.

Last edited:
I checked out some of the colors on the website you provided, all I can say is
WOW!!! there are some great colors.
Can you put on rpl Tank and Cover Decals if you do a powder coat job for me?
Thanks
Orion

Yeah, alot of people don't realize how many colors are available. I've personally never installed decals on a bike, but that's not saying I couldn't try:D. Depending on how big they are, u might want to leave it to a pro.

Hello, is this service still active possibly? Looking for a set of triple trees to be powder coated black... Thanks

I've been in to coating for a couple years now, and I want to start leaning more towards motorcycle parts. This is going to be a trial run to see if i get any takers or interest from you guys.
I feel I am pretty fair on my $ since I don't carry alot of overhead. I figure most business would be conducted through the postal service, so I'm not sure if this would be good or bad.(with the flat rate shipping from usps) it might not be to bad.(example) I figure you could throw all your brackets in a box for $6, I could shoot them and send them back.
I'm not limited to small parts as I have a large oven.
Anyway you guys let me know if anyone is interested in doing business, and I will get you a quote. Thanks.:bike:
I have a bunch of pics of my work, but I'm a computer tard. I can email pics, but most of my stuff I can't get to post up on here.
I'm planning to powder coat my frame, I just wish you were closer :banghead:

New Image Powder Coating in the Youngstown OH area does fantastic work. Get at plugging threaded holes and masking. He did all of the black on my Storm BMW R75/5

Back