powdercoating kits

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
anybody had any experience with the cheaper powder coating kits $90-150 range... are they just a toy?or do they work.any idea of what thickness the coating would be etc,in other words are they a waste of money or worth it

hmmm... waste of money or worth it....hmmmm....
Ide say worth it, but you will soon want a better quality unit. I have the harbor fright
Pos, it does work, shocks the hell outta ya, Feels like spark plug, but the powders hf sells are a bit lacking. Get the cheaper kit, but look to eastwood for better powders. as far as thickness, powdwer coat is plastic, so, the more cycles you put on, the thicker/stronget it is. I coated all my motor mount plates, did two coats, used the black from hf, holding up fine.
You must have an extra oven? I bought a new oven when the burner cuircut fried out, but the oven still worked , so I gutted out the burner circuit, and use that.
BTW, the shit goes everywere, don't breathe it.

hmmm... waste of money or worth it....hmmmm....
Ide say worth it, but you will soon want a better quality unit. I have the harbor fright
Pos, it does work, shocks the hell outta ya, Feels like spark plug, but the powders hf sells are a bit lacking. Get the cheaper kit, but look to eastwood for better powders. as far as thickness, powdwer coat is plastic, so, the more cycles you put on, the thicker/stronget it is. I coated all my motor mount plates, did two coats, used the black from hf, holding up fine.
You must have an extra oven? I bought a new oven when the burner cuircut fried out, but the oven still worked , so I gutted out the burner circuit, and use that.
BTW, the shit goes everywere, don't breathe it.

by 2 cycles do you mean 2 coats then the oven or coat oven coat oven.sonds like a pair of rubber boots might be the go (static charge build up from the sound of it?)

the eastwood dual voltage run pretty good....

if you run a dedicate ground it will coat very well.

i use it a lot

i buy my powder on ebay from a very good seller and fast shipping and very good price
let me know if you want is name...in pm

to coat small part i use an small pizza oven they sell for around 100$ in store

for medium one i use a dedicate house oven.

and for the big one i'm in the process to build a bigger one 4x4 by 7 high
to powder coat my motorcycle frame...and bigger part

you will love to powder coat if you try it

also bought an eastwood and a 70 toaster oven....pretty much expected it to be a pain in the a$$ and look like crap............was neither.

Super easy to do, and I have yet to have anything come out shabby looking. All super professional in appearance and hard finish.

Motor mount I did.......

MotorMountProto_v2_zpsa438c5e5.jpg

I use the HF system and was surprised how well it worked. As angus67 said "shit goes everywhere". So I plan to make a small both for powder coating.

used one of the cheeper eastwood kit 20 years a go wooked good on small stuff like brackets and small parts on hot rod's still looking good to day

Back