1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre Bent Tubing Source Wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrtwowheel, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:29 PM.

1. mrtwowheel

mrtwowheel Honda Etched On Brain Top Contributor

I'd like to find a source for 5/8" OD and other size nicely formed thin wall tubing elbows, 90* and maybe other angles that I could weld to other steel parts. I have found 3/4" stainless sanitary fittings on ebay at a good price, but no other sizes that I would use.

Any help guys? I've spent a lot of time already looking for something usable and affordable. Seems like there should be someone selling pre bent tubing parts/fittings like this.

Scott

2. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Google "hydraulic 90 degree fittings"?

mrtwowheel likes this.
  3. mrtwowheel

4. Signal

Signal XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Be careful of stainless if using for exhausts.
    I am aware that you need to get the right grade of stainless for exhaust systems.
    I don't know the correct grade to use.
    If you don't use the right grade they crack.

5. mrtwowheel

Interesting, no, these will be used for rear fender stay and maybe a rack. And, hopefully not end up in the pile of bought and unused items, trying to stop that pile from growing any bigger.

Scott

gggGary likes this.
  6. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

7. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Junkie

Cone Engineering sell AISI 304 exhaust tubing, so that should be a suitable grade for exhaust. From my own experience, AISI 316 is more prone to cracking, so will be less suitable for exhaust pipes.