Price for a running xs650

It depends on the area, the season, and the bike. Assuming you're talking about a late seventies or early eighties bike in decent shape, you won't get a titled running xs650 for less than $800 around here. Titled non running bikes still go for $500 or more. Even non titled bikes sell for $400 or more for the parts.

craigslist is the shit! That's where I been finding all the bikes I've bought in the last few years. Problem is all the good deals are taken so fast that you have to pretty much sit there and hit refresh every five minutes and jump on whatever you find. If I'm looking actively for another bike, I keep cash at the house and have the ramps and straps in the truck ready to go. As soon as I see something, I call, ask a few questions and leave right away if I'm interested. Keeping cash at home is key for bikes posted late Saturday or on Sunday since most people are only going to take cash and people can't get to the bank since they're all closed.

I've been watching craigslist here (arizona) and a non running XS is $500 and a running stock XS is $1000. Once they've been bobbed or chopped or made into a street tracker all bets are off, prices are all over the place.

I'm looking at driving 3.5 hours this weekend to go look at a stock running 79 Special for $1200

jmcgowan, those prices are closer to what they are around here. Same thing with anything that has been modified, could be cheap or very expensive.

Those prices sound pretty right on guys, last summer I found a titled non runner for 250.00... the guy just needed the money, it had sat for 5 years, but was very clean and stock.. (80 special) after tires, carb rebuild, head gasket, fork seals and brake rebuild, I turned it around for 1,200.. that was my first xs, and now I just love that engine and platform.looking for another deal..

- my wife says my next one has to be for free-my last, a running special that the po had lost energy on with 20k on the clock cost euro 700 picked up-75km away...looking for a project to sidecross

Its such a crap shoot with these bikes lately, some people know of about the new found demand for these while others are clueless. I see bikes (stock) all the time on craigslist here in the chicagoland area going for $1200-$1300 regularly. But then you get the guy who just rolled it out of his garage for the first time in 10 years who posts it up for a couple hundred.

I personally wont pay more than $700-800 for a really nice xs. Picked up my last '80 XS with 3000 original miles on the odometer for $700, the one before that was an eBay find for $425. and also grabbed a '76 that was taken apart for $250. So it really comes down to what your willing to pay, and how long you are willing to wait to get a deal.

You have to be quick though like Travis said, i personally have a app on my iPhone that alerts me anytime anyone posts any XS related items on craigslist in my area. So soon as it hits craigslist, im on the phone with the guy a few minutes later:bike: ... Yeah, im that guy:D

You have to be quick though like Travis said, i personally have a app on my iPhone that alerts me anytime anyone posts any XS related items on craigslist in my area. So soon as it hits craigslist, im on the phone with the guy a few minutes later:bike: ... Yeah, im that guy:D

They have an app for that!? No wonder all the good shit is sold in 10 minutes!

And welcome to the site!

I wish I was interested in a bobber, here's 2 for $1500 (plus a free dirtbike).

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/1461766437.html

"I have 2 xs650 project bikes I would like to sell as a pair! One is almost complete rat looking bike. It will kick over and run and requires only final assembly. It has a title, Tcbros weld on hard tail, tcbros forward controls and fake oil bag. It has an early 71 drum font brake. It has a Harley peanut tank. The list goes on. The other one is a basket case but the engine has compression. The frame has tcbros weld on hardtail tacked to it. I have boxes of MISC parts and bolts. The dirt bike pictured comes aswell, I was going to use the wheels on the second project!

Looking for 1500 firm but cash talks!"

Back