Project... "Fast & Flow"

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

On top of the carbs I have voltage display and neutral light. I also have an hour meter/tachometer on the bars but I didn't take any photo's of it.

Yea hopefully the exhust isn't an issue for heat, the way the pipes turn out slightly I think helps direct it away from the body. I've sat on it while idling in the garage and so far it doesn't seem to be a problem, but if it ever becomes an issue then I guess we chock it up to a "learning experience" and build another set.

please share some more details about your electronics now that they're finished!! and lose up pictures of them working :-D

The harness was scratch built, one of the previous pages in this thread has the wiring diagram. Voltmeter is one from ebay, just wired into one of my circuits. Not much else unique about the wiring.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231135211727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Steve, the engine was all glass bead blasted and then reassembled. It's amazing stuff, really gives a nice new finish to anything that was bare steel/aluminum (or lightly painted).

Thanks, totally skipped over the wiring. Just ordered a voltmeter too, might try to incorporate it.

Thats a mighty fine bike ;) real clean and slick. I like it. Thanks for showing and thanks for the nice pics looking at.

You must be ancious getting rid of the snow to get into better weather and start riding :bike:

ill blow some of our early spring degrees over, we have 12 degree here today, sweet, just I didnt manage to get riding, cause carbs and clutch are teasing me.

:thumbsup:

I think 14.5v is the ideal output, 14.8v is pretty damn close to that. I'll be keeping an eye on it though as I haven't had the bike over 3000 rpm yet (need to break it in slowly).

This is probly the nicest 650 in Edmonton right now. Thanks for giving us Edmontonians (I'm a Calgary transplant now) something to be proud of other than a crappy hockey team! Just make sure you don't pull up beside me at a light because I always get compliments on my bike but that will definitely stop if yours is in close proximity. Cheers buddy!

Thanks Sponge, we will have to meet up if your ever back in town with the bike. Send me a PM or something next time. Yea I don't waste time watching Oilers hockey anymore, instead I used all those hours building the bike :thumbsup:

For all those interested, here's the neutral light/voltmeter when the bike is on...

624BC5FA-2FCB-4AF6-A75E-8646E640FE88_zpsbwhqypvw.jpg

Back