Project BOARDCHOP - Build Thread

Yup she's turning out to be my favorite build. Silver Frame, Polished split aluminum tank with Scallops and silver flake. Girder will be either painted black or nickel plated :thumbsup:
I have decided, the WHOLE bike needs to be in a light grey titanium color!!

This has to be your best one so far!!

Keep it up JD!

Haha Thanks bro! She's a nice fit!

We need some smoke coming off the rear wheel :thumbsup:
Good thing You aint fat Ya don't want no butte cheeks hanging off the seat :laugh:
It's weird how the rear wheel looks bigger in the first pic.
She looks great with You sitting on her.

Thanks Mark! I really appreciate that man. Took me a while to get the stance and frame level with all the different wheels, tire combinations I went through lol

I can't find a single bad line in your whole build! Beautiful!

I like it!! Can't wait to see that now!!

Stay tuned man! I'm hoping to actually make it BornFree this year and bring 2 of my bikes.

JD, it appears you've achieved something else unique on this build. Of all the other custom builds out there, your's seems to be the only one where the rider position reveals the entire engine, plus carb! To an XS engine affectionado, I really like that...

Thanks TwoMany! The look I was going for. Alot of work was put in to re-shape the fins on the top and and I wanted to showcase it and not hide it with the pipes I was going to run originally.

JD, it appears you've achieved something else unique on this build. Of all the other custom builds out there, your's seems to be the only one where the rider position reveals the entire engine, plus carb! To an XS engine affectionado, I really like that...

Thanks Pregrid! A long way to go...

Really, REALLY, nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks John! Looks completely different off the lift :thumbsup:

Damn good looking bike man! It's always nice to get them outside for a looksie isn't?
Lookin' good on it jdizon.

Swapped out the bulky Plastic brake reservoir with this lil beauty!

56e043c8ad2a11e381a212f39367fa5e_7.jpg

Fat stack for the Mikuni. Planning to polish the intake and carb to match finish.

5a4c28a8b3a911e3bbef121e54b44c78_7.jpg

Might run this front fender out back. Fits pretty snug.

dbacd286b2c211e396fb12babb24b818_7.jpg

Light I picked up to used for the rear. May mount it on a mini sissybar

b3cf752ab10a11e38e04127d69c3cd5e_7.jpg

Thanks man! For the sissy I'm thinking one that is radius-ed and angled to match lines of the back bone or forks. Something small enough to fit the light 5" from the fender most likely. I like the 7metal west bars but they run a little small. I'm thinking of picking up a DIY kit from Haifey Bros and shortening it up.

Here's a pic of the 7MW version.

vanderplog_xs1.jpg

The carbie setup looks killer
The tail light does too!
What kind of sissy bar are You thinking of Man?

Those suckers look the tits all polished up man!!

And I am also digging the tail light!

I was and still am contemplating on running my front mudguard/fender on my rear tyre, I'll be keen to see how you get on to doing this!

Thanks Airwolfie!

Thinking about polishing up the whole engine to match lol. Btw..Like the fender you have on your bike right now.

Those suckers look the tits all polished up man!!

And I am also digging the tail light!

I was and still am contemplating on running my front mudguard/fender on my rear tyre, I'll be keen to see how you get on to doing this!

Thanks Airwolfie!

Thinking about polishing up the whole engine to match lol. Btw..Like the fender you have on your bike right now.

That's gonna be a job and a half! Good luck with that! probably be easier to get it chromed HA!! :laugh: Hmmm, although, one does need the surface to be smooth and polished for that........:doh:

The fender I got off a member on the UK forum, he lives just down the road from me. Can't tell you what it is, all I know it was too big to fit my tyre, so I had to chop, bend, and widen it to fit. Think it was made for a 21', but don't quote me on it!
Still not 100% where I want it, but I'll work on it some more once the new rubbers are on the wheels!:bike:

Yeah no kidding, Started polishing but think it'll take me forever to get the results I have in my head. probably going to finish the top-end with an aluminum color paint and polish the edges.

Good work on the fender btw! Can't wait to see the tires on.

That's gonna be a job and a half! Good luck with that! probably be easier to get it chromed HA!! :laugh: Hmmm, although, one does need the surface to be smooth and polished for that........:doh:

The fender I got off a member on the UK forum, he lives just down the road from me. Can't tell you what it is, all I know it was too big to fit my tyre, so I had to chop, bend, and widen it to fit. Think it was made for a 21', but don't quote me on it!
Still not 100% where I want it, but I'll work on it some more once the new rubbers are on the wheels!:bike:

Yeah no kidding, Started polishing but think it'll take me forever to get the results I have in my head. probably going to finish the top-end with an aluminum color paint and polish the edges.

Good work on the fender btw! Can't wait to see the tires on.

To get the best results with the least effort, you should polish up the side covers, MAYBE the bottom end, although there are loads of nooks and crannies on that. then paint teh rest up in either a brushed ally look or silver.

either way, I'm sure you will come up with some fucking amazing detailed effort which will make us all look like amateurs!!!(even though we are!!!:D)

Love your builds man!:thumbsup:

Thanks man! I appreciate the good words :) I think I may just do that, (Side covers, bottom end) polished and the top-end painted with polished fins. I'll definitely polish up the Carb and Intake.

This was my last attempt trying to polish up the top end. It came out looking more brushed.

full

To get the best results with the least effort, you should polish up the side covers, MAYBE the bottom end, although there are loads of nooks and crannies on that. then paint teh rest up in either a brushed ally look or silver.

either way, I'm sure you will come up with some fucking amazing detailed effort which will make us all look like amateurs!!!(even though we are!!!:D)

Love your builds man!:thumbsup:

Back