1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Project BOARDCHOP - Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jdizon, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Thanks Rich! Hopefully I can bring a few of my bikes out to Born Free or Chopper fest this year. It would be a pleasure to meet you in person. I always appreciate the AWESOME advice and tips that you have given me. So glad I went with these rearsets! My favorite mod thus far.

Thanks Ed! Glad you feeling it my man! Really diggin the new bars on your bike :thumbsup:

2. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Wanted to go with an internal twist clutch originally but ended up going with a inverted lever. It'll do. Going to Motion Pro next week to get a custom clutch cable made with a inline adjuster.

[​IMG]

3. Oooh nice! I did think of doing the twist clutch too, but I didn't do it in the end!

4. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Thanks man! Yeah as much a cleaner application the twist clutch would have been I had concerns about the ease of the twist without an assisted pulley mechanism as made for the HD kits.

5. That is what I thought exactly! Also twisting grips on both sides........ not sure about that lol! Maybe a thumb throttle? I don't know, so many choices, so little money!!!!!

6. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Yeah I was thinking about a thumb throttle before but happy I went the internal route for it. MonsterCraftsman demo'd one that looked cool if you were looking

7. I saw that. Still prefer the internal throttle as there is less clutter on the bars.

8. RigidMotion

RigidMotion XS650 New Member

Mesa AZ
  9. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Sorry man don't plan to update this thread anymore.

10. Yamaha_chop

Yamaha_chop Fabricator Extraordinare

That would be a shame. I love watching your builds, such a sense of style!

11. RigidMotion

RigidMotion XS650 New Member

Mesa AZ
    That's too bad I really wanted to see how your bike looks finished. If your posting photos of it on another forum or any way I could see the final product let me know.

12. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

hey man! Good to see you back! Thanks for the good words. I've always been inspired by your bikes and hope to see you post another.

I've actually been posting more on IG but I'll try and update this when I can.

13. Nooo!! Why no more??!?!? I was loving this build!!!:(

14. 80brat

80brat XS650 Addict

what is IG I like to see more

15. EvenmoreXS

EvenmoreXS 1981 XS650

I think IG is instagram…

JD, you got fans here…..post a link or something.

Best wishes man……..Sorry about San Francisco….It was a bad ass city…I wanted to go there some day…….Maybe they'll rebuild.

…....I just saw Godzilla.

16. Yamaha_chop

Yamaha_chop Fabricator Extraordinare

Undoubtably I will post up another build, and soon! I just picked up a kz440 today:)

Bay area really isn't that far away, I usually end up driving through there a couple times a year, next time I do I'd love to stop by and check out your builds in person.

17. I think it's Instagram.......:shrug:

18. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Haha hey guys sorry for the lack of updates. Yeah I've been using Instagram lately. I've been also side tracked on a few other builds. I'll get more pics soon of boardchop. Some pics of the other distractions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I like the design But I think soon you are going to need a bigger garage. Looks like your packed.
    Have fun Dude
    Rich

20. L_Brown

L_Brown XS650 Enthusiast

Following on instagram