Project BOARDCHOP - Build Thread

Have you thought of a colour scheme yet? I'm thinking brass, copper black and browns, yes kind of like steampunk! But I can see this would look the part!

Purchased the invader rims in the raw so I can paint them with metal flake like this led-sled chop off bike. Really like the paint scheme here.

full

Awesome, so ready to watch this one come together!

Haha don't blink ;) Hoping to have a roller in the next 2-3 weeks :thumbsup:

Purchased the invader rims in the raw so I can paint them with metal flake like this led-sled chop off bike. Really like the paint scheme here.

full

Haha don't blink ;) Hoping to have a roller in the next 2-3 weeks :thumbsup:

Oh yes please! with another one on the side!!!:D

That is quite a nice scheme of colours! Go with gold rims!!

I would suggest taking your wheels to an experienced powder coater, there is some sick metallic/candy/transparent bad ass powder coating colors available. Don't paint those things, they WILL chip.

I would suggest taking your wheels to an experienced powder coater, there is some sick metallic/candy/transparent bad ass powder coating colors available. Don't paint those things, they WILL chip.

Yeah I wanted to powder coat originally until I read this on the site. I'll give the owner Scotty a call at invader wheels and see what is the issue with powder coating.

Link

RAW WHEELS:
These wheels are not prepared for chrome as delivered. They are in a raw state and need to be prepared before painting. Powder coating is not recommended.

Huh. I can't imagine what that is about. Let us know! I powdercoat all my own parts and have been coating for 5 years now and have never come across a metal of any alloy that couldn't be successfully coated if prepped right. Be sure to post up what you find out from him.

Huh. I can't imagine what that is about. Let us know! I powdercoat all my own parts and have been coating for 5 years now and have never come across a metal of any alloy that couldn't be successfully coated if prepped right. Be sure to post up what you find out from him.

Yup will do.

A solid rear wheel may look nice... or get some covers... ala:
moonstardustdiscs2.jpg

Probably have to make them for 18" rim though...

Yeah I'm rocking the exact same one's on my other build. Want to do something different and go with 18's,19's or even 21's out back.

full

See, looks good ;)

understandable you'd want to do something different though.

matching 19 invaders front and back.
just throwing that out there.

See, looks good ;)

understandable you'd want to do something different though.

matching 19 invaders front and back.
just throwing that out there.

Yup! That would be sweet. I already purchased the 21" front rims so it would be
19/21 combo. What sucks about 19 rear is that there isn't much cool looking tires supporting that rim.

You want to watch someone watch this kid he has vision. I had the pleasure in adding my help to him on his build and am hounered that he asked me because he is a NEW up and coming builder on the west coast. When you got it in your head and can put that on paper and build it you are dam good. SOMEONE PLEASE on the west coast get this kid in a shop of his own. There are guys like Jesse James Matt Hotch that when starting out had this vision and now great builders. Just think what this kid could do with a Triump or a Harley.
Using Alum. Bracket for tail light Ground that light HAHA
Be GOOD MAN and great talking to you can't wait for the next build
On the road
Rich
Daddygcycles

Rich,

Thank you for the good words. It was a pleasure and humbling experiencing working with you and helping me with my custom wiring harness and all the other newbie questions I threw at you. Without the help, work and guidance from talented people like you my visions would never become a reality.

Btw - haha There was definitely a ground issue for the tailight/switch. Grounded the tailight properly and Now everything is working like a charm!

You want to watch someone watch this kid he has vision. I had the pleasure in adding my help to him on his build and am hounered that he asked me because he is a NEW up and coming builder on the west coast. When you got it in your head and can put that on paper and build it you are dam good. SOMEONE PLEASE on the west coast get this kid in a shop of his own. There are guys like Jesse James Matt Hotch that when starting out had this vision and now great builders. Just think what this kid could do with a Triump or a Harley.
On the road
Rich
Daddygcycles

Diiddo! Many people have skills but lack the vision and end up with un-unique customs. In my opinion you can teach and learn skills but you either have vision or find bikes like jdizon's and duplicate them. Nice work brother! all your bikes have been unique and appear to be will built. Looking forward to some pics and maybe video of your past bike when you wrap them up. Keep it coming!!

Diiddo! Many people have skills but lack the vision and end up with un-unique customs. In my opinion you can teach and learn skills but you either have vision or find bikes like jdizon's and duplicate them. Nice work brother! all your bikes have been unique and appear to be will built. Looking forward to some pics and maybe video of your past bike when you wrap them up. Keep it coming!!

Thanks brother :) That means a lot! I'm really excited about this project.

Also.. I'll post some videos of the past bike. I'm still fine tunning the vm34 carbs and plan to post a video of her purring before I strip her down for paint :thumbsup: I might actually ride it like this for a bit until the cold/rainy weather hits in Dec.

On the road
Rich
Daddygcycles

True words I think! You have some serious skills Johann!

When I win the lottery, I'll throw some cash your way to get a shop bud! BUT you will have to build me a bike lool!!( note the WHEN, that's me being optimistic!!:D)

True words I think! You have some serious skills Johann!

When I win the lottery, I'll throw some cash your way to get a shop bud! BUT you will have to build me a bike lool!!( note the WHEN, that's me being optimistic!!:D)

oh Hell yeah man! Hurry about and go win. I'd build you a bike for each day of the week lol! That's actually my current goal is to have a different bike to ride mon-sunday.

oh Hell yeah man! Hurry about and go win. I'd build you a bike for each day of the week lol! That's actually my current goal is to have a different bike to ride mon-sunday.

I have been playing every week for the last 10 years or so, I got to win it at some point!! LOL!

I'll be up for 7 day bikes! i was going to do that with cars WHEN(See??! Still optimistic haha!) I win the lottery!

Back