Project BOARDCHOP - Build Thread

I like the tank but I think it needs a little work to pull it off. Nothing on this bike is just put on and I would like to throw my two cents in. If you make tank sit lower to keep the flow of the bike you won't have to cut it in half. Also change the rear of the tank by cutting knee room on both sides. Will change the complete look of the tank and make it flow with the frame. Cut the fuel inlet out and put it on one side or the other. Don't build like others build like you never seen before. I have bought $5.00 tanks cut them up and nobody knew what they were. Dude like I told you your different... build different and 1 1/2 gal tank will get you around. If you want to ride 400 miles go by a stock bike. You are building like we did in the 60's cut everything up and start from scratch. Its a art that died many years ago and now you buy and throw it on the bike.
Follow that vision cut cut cut!!!! HAHA FLOW FLOW FLOW When I built it had to look like it was moving but standing still . This dude going to make me go back into garage HAHA. LOOKS GREAT JD

Attachments

• 650KZ.jpg
    650KZ.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 240
  • kzframe.jpg
    kzframe.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 239
  • images (4).jpg
    images (4).jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 269
  • images (8).jpg
    images (8).jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 229
  • xs650 w springer.jpg
    xs650 w springer.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 254
Thanks for the feedback, Inspiration pics & ideas. Here's a rendering of how I plan to do the tank and rear wheel. Decided to go with a 21x3.50 round spoke invader in the rear. I plan to use a 120/70-21 tire. Should be meaty! I also ordered a sporty and alien tank shell and I plan to cut it fit the radius of the back bone. I plan to run it in a split tank configuration.

full

You not forgetting the second one you got to build on the side? you know, for......errrm.....me!

That will look so good man! I really can see brassy and coppery and goldy and black bits EVERYWHERE! It need an old themed paintjob to make it pop!

We need more updates!

Haha did you get that winning lotto ticket yet :thumbsup: I'm in the waiting on parts phase but as soon as I get the rear rim and tank shell and exhaust kit. I'll have more updates. As far as engine, I plan to go with a hoos racing 700cc kit.

You not forgetting the second one you got to build on the side? you know, for......errrm.....me!

That will look so good man! I really can see brassy and coppery and goldy and black bits EVERYWHERE! It need an old themed paintjob to make it pop!

We need more updates!

Now that looks like its going FAST!!!!
VERY COOL JD

JD you stole my 450 HUH????? HAHA
Mine was auto for lazy people

Attachments

• 450cm.jpg
    450cm.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
OK, I think I speak for ALL of us, but we HAVE to see ALL your bikes!

Where have you been hiding THAT?!??!? Looks awesome!! got any more pics of it?!

That was called the SANDWICH BIKE..... You held the food in one hand and just twist the throttle and bring me MY SANDWICH HAHA
It had a bowie knife as the shifter... Boy did the cops love us....

OK, I think I speak for ALL of us, but we HAVE to see ALL your bikes!

Where have you been hiding THAT?!??!? Looks awesome!! got any more pics of it?!

Here's my honda. It's my everyday beater. 6gears, Big tank and plenty of pep.

full

Harley Ironhead mocked with the cole foster tank.

full

Told you guys got to get this kid in his own shop. If he was on the east coast I would hand over the keys to the garage HAHA and just sit and watch him build. He is still hiding more . You can never have enough bikes......:laugh:
I am going out for a lottery ticket

HAHA The bikes multiply like rabbits. I think I'm going to stop at 7. 1 bike to ride for each day of the week :) Actually I do have a few in hiding.. but they're all in boxes and stored away. I've got a Triumph 650 in one of the boxes and plan to build it next summer.

Told you guys got to get this kid in his own shop. If he was on the east coast I would hand over the keys to the garage HAHA and just sit and watch him build. He is still hiding more . You can never have enough bikes......:laugh:
I am going out for a lottery ticket

NOICE! I do like the Ironheads, so much you can do with em, just like the 6fiddy!

Can't wait to see what you get up to with the Trumper!

yeah that iron head is a babe. big fan. and god damn that mock up looks hot! if you care about the tread on your tire the options for one that big and wide are limited. if you have something you found share the wealth. ive been looking.

I plan to run Avon Cobra AV71s front/rear. I know it may not be the best thing to do but the rear will be a front 120/70-21. I spoke with Scotty at invader wheels and he mentioned a few guys running in this configuration as daily riders. Anyways that's the plan and rear wheel is already being built.

yeah that iron head is a babe. big fan. and god damn that mock up looks hot! if you care about the tread on your tire the options for one that big and wide are limited. if you have something you found share the wealth. ive been looking.

I plan to run Avon Cobra AV71s front/rear. I know it may not be the best thing to do but the rear will be a front 120/70-21. I spoke with Scotty at invader wheels and he mentioned a few guys running in this configuration as daily riders. Anyways that's the plan and rear wheel is already being built.

there is a white wall option out there too. dont know if id go with the look but thought id throw it out there. yeah two fronts is basically all you have for an option. im surprised firestone doesnt have some cool options.

Back