1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Project Canuck- 84 XS650 Project Build

Discussion in 'Canada' started by canuck1969, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Nevermind. . Know what I did. It was only searching the forum I was in. Had to go to the main page.

2. All good. Although that double nut on the valve stem makes me think there is a tube in it. Oh well. Oh well, no difference to me. Will find out when it comes off.

48252BC3-BF6A-46FB-AC99-1D0594B2AE1D.jpeg

TwoManyXS1Bs likes this.
  3. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Interesting about the "spam" report.
    I've been getting boatloads of that junk in my email...

4. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Hey Canuck i just had some Metzler Lazertecs fitted today to Alloy rims and they were tubless. Thre the guy in the shop siad it looked like it had a tube but didnt.
    Cheers

5. Thanks. Good information to have. I order my Lasertecs last night.

Ozboy likes this.
  6. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Cool man. I like them so far. I had a slight wobble in the front and tightened steering nut a few times but new boots and its gone. Just be careful on your first run on them dont lean it over too far as they have a waxy coating on them and scared the crap out of me!!

canuck1969 likes this.
  7. Bella is getting some new shoes........

57639059-505F-4134-A7C1-1D5209B655BB.jpeg

8. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Ooh, nice!
    Be careful on corners for a while eh?
    Modern rubber grips like a vise but the trace of mold release compound on new tires is slicker than goose shit.

Ozboy and Mailman like this.
  9. Not my first pair of shoes...unlike this guy. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Looks like you have to click on the link in the video....damn YouTube.

TwoManyXS1Bs, Jim and GLJ like this.
  10. Had to order some new valve stems so she will be without her dance shoes for a few days.

DDBFF6E3-7108-40A1-A167-69D07ABB6B3D.jpeg

gggGary, Mailman, MaxPete and 2 others like this.
  11. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

That is looking the nuts! Another Xs, pristine, for the world. You will have much to be proud of for years to come! :rock:

12. Only item I am missing on the bike is the battery box rubber liner. I upgraded to a Yuasa AGM YTX14AHL-BS battery. Anyone know if it would fit in the stock rubber box liner on Mikes.

I was just going to line the box with some rubber sheet to dampen the vibration since leaking is less likely but thought I would a least look at the box option.

gggGary likes this.
  13. Took the first ride of the year on Bella today. Only went about 30 KMs to play it safe. Nothing fell off and I got back in one piece. I would call that a successful build. Took her over 100 KPH to test it out. Smooth. I was expecting vibrations from everything I read but it was smoother than my Guzzi. No issue there. Perhaps because they are non stock bars???

Never had any real problems. Smooth up the range and no flat spots or surges in the throttle. I did stall it once getting out of first. Think it is just me getting used to the clutch on this one. The engagement point is about 1/4" from the grip. No slippage in the clutch at all. Brakes were better than I as expecting. I put a new set of EBC semi synthetic pads on the front and they work very well. Still have to bed it in a bit more but really like these pads. Rear brake equally as good.

Only issue I had was with the mirrors I put on. The look great and are clear (ie. they don't vibrate)......... and I get a great view of my shoulders. Have to drop my arm just to see what is behind me. Order up a set of chrome extensions which should help out.

The weather is getting better by the day. Supposed to be a nice weekend here. May have to introduce Bella to the group.......

MaxPete, 59Tebo, TwoManyXS1Bs and 3 others like this.
  14. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Atta boy Canuck!

If the weather cooperates, I am going to break Lucille out and try out my new flexi-flexi knee!

Pete

15. Excellent - Can't wait to see your ride.

Cheers

canuck1969, MaxPete and Jim like this.
  16. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Pictures man! We need pictures! Haha :D I hope you’re enjoying your bike!

17. Other than parked in front of the Starbucks to get a coffee to warm my hands nothing of interest to take a picture in front of but will take plenty of pics to satisfy everyone addiction. Stay tuned.

18. Hey. I can see something now other than my shoulders.

I can now see when the lady driving the BMW behind me texting on her phone is about to run into me.
    I know…unconscious bias

58180C82-E00F-45BF-988F-AF82939B3E7D.jpeg E2FA95A3-F952-40A6-8E1B-A9DB73BF1D7B.jpeg

Stardust83, 59Tebo, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  19. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Hey - I like those extensions!

Wherdja get them?

Jim likes this.
  20. Stardust83 likes this.