shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
Well I think this is so stupid looking.
I read the white house wants this GD thing
You be the judge
http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/obama-wants-marines-to-wear-girly-hats/
new cap on the right
full

Thoroughly stupid. Much like the Army's "black beret" bullshit. The beret was selected to set apart a specific breed from the rest, and I thought it was perfectly fine for Airborne, Rangers, and Special Forces to have their own headgear. I was glad we wore the patrol cap and didn't have to wear the garrison cap (cunt caps) that the air force air crews were forced to wear.
There's no accounting for tradition in any of this shit anymore, and I think it's stupid. Class A and Class B is relatively rare dress for the average military man or woman, and I think as a nod to tradition, the dress uniforms should remain largely unchanged. Daily wear or combat wear can evolve, for the most part, and I'm fine with it, but the deeply held traditions and observances of the armed forces should look the same from generation to generation in my opinion. Seeing your kids that go into the service put on the same uniform that you or a family member did before, such as graduation from training and change of command events feeds the tradition and morale in my opinion.

During my enlistment with the USMC I only wore a class A uniform on rare occasions but wore the class B's daily when stateside. To me this proposed new cover looks silly and light duty. Can't imagine that the White House has time to worry about this sort of thing when we are sinking rapidly out of sight.

roy

Custers last words were "Look at those stupid hats " referring to the Sioux and Cheyenne headgear. Pissed them off to no end........well, to his end.

Mebbe they should go back to Kepis.........

Read beyond inflammatory headlines, fer Chris' sake. Obama requested nothing. Just read the comments BELOW the article and get straightened out. Internet bullspit.

Last edited:
During my enlistment with the USMC I only wore a class A uniform on rare occasions but wore the class B's daily when stateside. To me this proposed new cover looks silly and light duty. Can't imagine that the White House has time to worry about this sort of thing when we are sinking rapidly out of sight.

roy

It is because of these things that we are sinking. You are correct, Washington has a boatload of troubles to deal with and this could have been part of the cost cutting, instead of denying troops in the field a hot breakfast for example.

It is because of these things that we are sinking. You are correct, Washington has a boatload of troubles to deal with and this could have been part of the cost cutting, instead of denying troops in the field a hot breakfast for example.

It's a fricking HOAX, people. Jeez

Back