Question for the guys using fake tc bro's oil tank electric box chain clearence

rubicon1000

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i completed my hardtail chopper and i sem to have an issue of the chain hitting the fake oil tank from time to time going down the road. i picked up a monster craftsman clamp on chain tensioner sproket and i hope this will do the trick. i mounted the tensioner up and i think my chain is too long cause it still taps the oil tank from time to time. how many links has everyone used out there. on my mock up the chain was just right at the front of the adjuster but after the bike was all painted up and new tire installed the tire was touching the fennder so i had to add another master link and seperate link. now the chain i think is way to long. new chain is now on the way in the mail and will have to try it again. how many links should i first start looking at? thanks

Last edited:
pics? you may have to move your fake tank. the tensioner goes on the bottom section of the chain.

Yea I was confused on that too. Did u mount it up(like on the upper part of the chain?)or did u mount it up(like install it). If it's just tapping on the can once in a while u can live with it or you can cut the can and make a indent in it and weld back up. You can add a roller up top or move the can. If u used a tc tail the chain isn't to long.

Back