Question on engine breather assembly

sherwin

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
The engine breather branches off into two tubes, if I am going to use pod air filters what do I do with the engine breather tubes? Do I stick a filter on the end of each tube or attach a valve of some kind?

Thank you.

Throw them away - No get a breather filter and a sinlge hose. MikesXS has them and most auto part stores sell them. They look like a mini KN filter

I put pods on my '81, and just stuck about a six-inch piece of hose on that outlet and let it hang down. Mine doesn't branch into two tubes. I should probably do as Jim recommends and get the filter.

- could try something like this

BvMpoVQEWkKGrHqMOKjkEvOYsWMqGBMDke9.jpg

Many of us run power brake check valves. These are a one-way valve that will let pressure out but not back in. This can create a slight vacuum in the crankcase that is supposed to be beneficial to performance and can also help prevent oil leaks. It may also lessen any leaks you already have. Poise the valves over your pods and any oil mist or drips will just get recycled back through the engine. The valves fit perfectly into the ends of the stock breather hoses .....

Uni-CheckValve.jpg

PowerBrakeCheckValve.jpg

Back