Question on piston clearance

Z
Yeah... second pic is how. If a .002" won't fit, I'd guess your measurements are accurate. Have you read the top end buildup thread in the Tech section?

View attachment 132510
Yes, loved your top end build up section. Very easy to follow. Already rebuilt one top end and your instructions were a real blessing. My 81 now runs like a top. Had 19,000 miles on it and even though it ran good, i could tell the plastic guides were shot. Plus lower compression on one side (110). Only have 50 miles on new top end but be doing the heat cycle/re-torque as recommended. Replaced all seals. Learned a ton by restoring that 81. Looking forward to this next project. Bought motor and frame for 50. Motor totally seized up, but when I tore into it i bet that motor had less than 10k on it. Guides were still in good shape and it had never been opened up. Hats off to you experts....learning so much from you. Will prob hit you up for a new winding....

Not my first time tearing into motors.....my Harley had 7500 on it and did big bore, cams, ground cam chest to take higher lift cams, polished/ported heads, etc. Loved doing that project but gotta say the xs650s are a blast and a whole lot less expensive to work on. Pic of Harley alongside the xs's.....

Attachments

• 20181222_110147.jpg
    20181222_110147.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Back