raer rim again...

roadstar06

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hey guys, so ,I have the bike on home-made work bench finally (back can't take the bending to ground) I have to re-visit the back rim again because I notice caliper mount is rubbing on rotor. this can't be right! I took caliper out of mount and rotor is clearly touching top of mount. WHY? not a stock frame. brakes are not hooked up yet-no lines,brake stay, fluid etc. what is causing this? what is the stock width of swingarm at axle point? please post any pics if available, I already tried google search but coming up blank, thanks

Yea hang on.............I just get my camera take some pics and measurements download and resize the pics and upload to XS650.com and post for you......................

Why not post pics and measurements of your axle point and we will confirm if it matches a stoker????????

upload_2017-3-4_7-17-15.png

upload_2017-3-4_7-22-25.png

My guess is that you are missing part #11 but you need to compare what you have to these pics, both can found at Partzilla and several other online venders

20170304_114048.jpg 20170304_112254.jpg
View attachment 96253

View attachment 96254

My guess is that you are missing part #11 but you need to compare what you have to these pics, both can found at Partzilla and several other online venders
is part 11 just a spacer or does it have flange on it? I am missing this pc but don't see how it would affect caliper mount-if you have actual pic of this part please post..also found difference in mounts where brake stay bolts up

Hi roadstar,
perhaps you have a rare rear wheel?
A cast 16" rear disk wheel is kinda rare, limited to '78, '79 & '80 Specials.
But one of those with a front disk on it is rare indeed.
Note that an XS650 rear disk is smaller that it's front disk.

i will post pic tomorrow of what I have , mine doesn't look as thick as one you have in link, thanks for the info..

Yes as found that spacer has the sheet meal flange #12 pressed on it.
The caliper bracket sits between #11 and #13 the axle adjuster. it acts to space the caliper bracket away from the wheel. There was a wanted ad not that long ago with a couple of guys looking for #11-12
http://www.xs650.com/threads/desperate-for-a-rear-wheel-spacer.35609/#post-360023
another Q: how tight should all thes inner spacers be? long spacer between bearings has quite a bit of play, I believe bearings to be seated correctly

Back