Rally Pics Ralph Waynes Vintage Backyard Nationals

pumps

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Today I attended one of my favorite annual events, Ralph Waynes Vintage Backyard Nationals. A kick ass block party. Lots of cool bikes to look at. Beer truck in the driveway. Grilled burgers and hotdogs. T Shirts for sale. No vendor booths. Donations taken. I saw a lot of friends and made some new ones. . Lots of HD stuff but lots of other stuff. Hundreds of bikes. A few XSs. Enjoy the pictures. But I want someone to identify a bike. Some model of single cylinder Honda. In slides # 2, 3 and 4. A red and white one. Has a larger aftermarket tank. I took some motor pictures. I thought I was pretty knowledgeable but this one stumped me. Possibly some modified XL500? The picture is of my group.

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/pumps32/Ralph Wayne 2011/?albumview=slideshow

IMG_0034.jpg

no idea what that honda is....

maaan i love the pan heads and knuckle heads look.

Love Guzzis alot.

and triumphs...

and SOHC hondas.

hahaha,

RecycleBill-The one in the above picture is my neighbors 67' CB450 Black Bomber.
This is the one I'm stumped on.
IMG_0085.jpg

After thinking ALOT I think it might be an XL650 with some front fork mods?
2012-honda-xr650l-preview%20(1).jpg

I think you are right Pumps. When I first looked at it Translap came to mind. closer look now, I agree with you, but I think it may have a Paris-Dakar type tank?

Yes the tank is some aftermarket larger one. The motor, exhaust, and body work on the back looks awfully the same. :shrug:

I was there too. While I was standing in the t-shirt line (for about an hour) I heard rumors this was going to be the last one. Anyone else hear that. Really cool happening and I know I couldn't pull it off in my neighborhood.

I was there too. While I was standing in the t-shirt line (for about an hour) I heard rumors this was going to be the last one. Anyone else hear that. Really cool happening and I know I couldn't pull it off in my neighborhood.

The shirt line WAS long. I'm at work this morning and one of the guys asked me if I got t shirts because he had heard it was the last one too....soooo :confused: I hope someone else with a place to have it steps up because it would be a great loss to the biking community if it doesn't continue.

It would be impossible to pull off in almost any neighborhood. There must have been easily 1000 bikes in that little neighborhood. All it takes is one mad neighbor or one guy with too much beer pissing in someones bushes. Did you see the outrageous front wheel drive Sportster trike? Will download my pictures tomorrow and post it here.

Back