Real Estate Update

You now officially have there attention :laughing:
AND ire........... :sick:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F1gpplu.jpg

Oliver is finally fed up with the lousy service of the Hooterville Phone Company. He petitions the state "futilities commercial" (as Lisa calls it) for improvements, but they can't help; Hooterville needs at least forty-two customers to be covered by the law.:rolleyes:

So, Scheduler Guy showed up this morning (on time!) and we worked out a plan that will allow hookup without having to set a pole.

There's a second pole/transformer at the end of my driveway that I forgot about that's actually within the free span window.

Just need to add a mast to the service entrance that projects above the roofline a bit. The anchor point the electrician installed is a bit low and line sag could become an issue. Plus it's just a screw eye into a 2x4 so load was a concern as well. Would've been fine with a pole within 100 feet, but wasn't really optimal for a 215 foot free span.

He gave me his card and told me to call him direct when I'm ready. He pre-approved the pole and the service entrance, so all he needs to do is schedule a truck to come down. He did say they'll likely add another guy wire to the post to counter the load and will check the transformer and replace if there's any question about it's status. That just means the install with take a bit longer, but that's all on their dime.

Jeebus, what a fustercluck!

Utility truck just showed up, but the electrician hasn't set the mast yet. After talking with the lineman, we're back to setting a pole as the run is WAY sketchy for a mast, even if guyed.

Good news (I hope...) is that one of his coworkers sets poles on the side and my electrician says he's scheduled to do another in the area soon so maybe he'll actually show up!

I didn't really like the mast idea, but I need to get SOMETHING done!

Jeebus, what a fustercluck!
Utility truck just showed up, but the electrician hasn't set the mast yet. After talking with the lineman, we're back to setting a pole as the run is WAY sketchy for a mast, even if guyed.
Good news (I hope...) is that one of his coworkers sets poles on the side and my electrician says he's scheduled to do another in the area soon so maybe he'll actually show up!
I didn't really like the mast idea, but I need to get SOMETHING done!

Hi DE,
have you considered going off-grid?
Getting a big ol' generating set and telling the power company to get their poles & wiring off your property?
That threat usually induces a better attitude.

OK - after an extensive search and several failed deals, wifey and I have bought a home out in Essex County near the small village of Harrow and sold our big family home in Windsor. The new place is on four acres and there is definitely room for a pole barn.

The deals close on Sept. 15 and Sept. 23 respectively so we will have a bit of overlap to avoid the looney "where is all my stuff" period between sale and purchase.

Now I need to speak with the local Mr. Pole Barn construction guy - and wait for lumber prices to drop some more.....

What the heck, its only money.

Pete

OK - after an extensive search and several failed deals, wifey and I have bought a home out in Essex County near the small village of Harrow and sold our big family home in Windsor. The new place is on four acres and there is definitely room for a pole barn.

The deals close on Sept. 15 and Sept. 23 respectively so we will have a bit of overlap to avoid the looney "where is all my stuff" period between sale and purchase.

Now I need to speak with the local Mr. Pole Barn construction guy - and wait for lumber prices to drop some more.....

What the heck, its only money.

Pete
You only get one turn with this thing called life, go for it
But yeah I'd wait a bit for lumber prices to get a bit lower

Congratulations Pete! Maybe explore some metal building options? Can’t wait to see what you do with your property. By the way, how nice is it to have some land? You could plant a couple acres, maybe get a milk cow. :D

8036436E-DB0E-4646-BF94-2F8413DDB925.jpeg Farm living is the life for me!

Back