Rear brake reservoir hose.

Meddy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am in the process of refitting my rear brakes on my 79 SF and I need a new hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder.
Has anybody had to replace their's and if so what hose did you use?
I have looked on boats.com and it is shown as obsolete, and Mikes only show an aftermarket reservoir with a smaller hose that will not fit onto the master cylinder.
There is one on Ebay at the moment NOS but it comes to almost $30.00 including postage to Australia, which is a bit expensive for about 4" of hose.
Just thought I would see if there are any other options about.

I know the VW super beetle used a length of hose between the reservoir and the master cylinder. Maybe it's the same size? It was a blue color cloth and rubber lined. One hose would make several for the XS.

Meddy,
do a search for Tygon 2375 hose. It's brake fluid compatible.
I have a used one that appears to be OK. No visible cracks and it's still flexible and still has the spring that goes around it.
It's yours for shipping cost if you want it.

I know the VW super beetle used a length of hose between the reservoir and the master cylinder. Maybe it's the same size?
Tried a search on the VW hose Azman, looks like it is too small.:(

do a search for Tygon 2375 hose. It's brake fluid compatible.
I have a used one that appears to be OK. No visible cracks and it's still flexible and still has the spring that goes around it.
It's yours for shipping cost if you want it.
No good on the Tygon hose either Jim, nothing in the right size, which appears to be an odd size 9.5mm.
I might take you up on your generous offer, will send you a PM.

Back