rear shocks

You could try Kawasaki ZRX 1200 shocks for adjustable suspension.I put Race Tech gold valves in mine,and chain guard had to be removed.

So, you had to remove your chain guard? I am not willing to do that on my completely stock bike. Thx.
Hi prue,
if you go with aftermarket shocks your bike won't be "completely stock" no more anyway.
Not that I agree with removing rear chainguards no matter what the reason.
How about you carefully save your stock chainguard and find another one to reinforce and cutaway to clear the replacement shock?

Is price an issue? 14 Series Progressive Suspension shocks may fit. They're inexpensive and they work OK. 14 Series is slim. Maybe it fits.

I'm sure Hagon has the correct shocks. They're going to cost more.

Hi prue,
if you go with aftermarket shocks your bike won't be "completely stock" no more anyway.
Not that I agree with removing rear chainguards no matter what the reason.
How about you carefully save your stock chainguard and find another one to reinforce and cutaway to clear the replacement shock?
That's something to think about. Thx

Is price an issue? 14 Series Progressive Suspension shocks may fit. They're inexpensive and they work OK. 14 Series is slim. Maybe it fits.

I'm sure Hagon has the correct shocks. They're going to cost more.
Spoke to Hagon this afternoon, they could not help me. Spring was too long as well as the shock was .6" longer then stock which will push my axle into my muflers.

I have sent him a message, thx.
Prue1, sorry, ATT was messing with my email and I was not notified of your quest. I don't have the originals, but back in 78 or so, I bought Koni's for the rear. The Koni's were made specifically for the xs1's and 2's with offset eyes on the bottom that shifted the shocks out enough to allow clearance for the chain guard. I didn't realize that until I bought a new set of Chinese gas shocks. Yep, off came the chain guard and the black spots on the back of my new yellow jacket. The wider rear fender from a 78 blocks a lot of splatter now.
Anyway, I'm looking for a 70-73 chain guard so I can modify it and not ruin mine. Also thought of welding one together.
If I was home, I'd have some Picts.

Traxxion Dynamics over in Woodstock can hook you up with a customized set of Bitubo shocks. Those folks are awesome to deal with!

Thanks for the response, late or not. I am working with Ikon, who bought Koni's MC rights. The Jury is still out, hoping to have info soon.

Back