Rear sprocket dimensions needed

arcticXS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Gents,
I just decided to order a high primary gear set from Ivan Hoey in Australia, so now I need to get a new, slightly larger (than the normal 32-34 t) #520 rear sprocket for my 77. I have decided to order a custom one from Supersprox, and they require both bike model and measurements for custom orders. So now I need the following dimensions:
-Center hole diameter in mm
-Bolt hole diameter in mm
-PCD (bolt circle diameter) in mm
(As always, I am at work overseas/ offshore whenever I decide to order something for the XS, so cannot just go out in the garage and measure it myself...sorry 'bout that. And I did try searching the forum with no success on this specific info)

From JT sprockets for XS650 all years
2020-02-13-21-20-www.jtsprockets.com.png

I've been buying custom aluminum sprockets from http://www.rebelgears.com/, been very happy, lightening fast delivery and very light!

-Center hole diameter in mm

m1.png

-Bolt hole diameter in mm

m2.png

-PCD (bolt circle diameter) in mm

m3.png

I took outside dia. of opposite holes and subtracted 1 hole dia. Gives us 110.15 center to center.
Maybe someone else will chime in here and double check me?

From JT sprockets for XS650 all years
I've been buying custom aluminum sprockets from http://www.rebelgears.com/, been very happy, lightening fast delivery and very light!
Superb! Gary & Jim :)
I want to go with Supersprox because of their "Stealth" sprockets, with an outer steel ring, and alloy carrier. Almost as light as a full alloy sprocket, but lifetime of a steel sprocket. And they look very trick as well. I have one on the Duc. 680 since years ago.

What size sprocket are you going to use Arctic?

I too have some of Ivan’s gears to use on my build.

Just had a quick look on Supersprox website and they do look good, I may end up ordering one myself very soon.

Daniel

Daniel,
I haven't quite decided yet, but want overall gearing to be slightly taller than what I currently have with stock primary and 18/33 secondary gearing.
I also want to go back to 17T front sprocket, so maybe 36 on the rear, maybe 37. Will have to play a bit with a spreadsheet of my own once things settle down on my ship, right now we are silly busy trying to get things done so we can leave port, and start surveying,

Daniel,
I haven't quite decided yet, but want overall gearing to be slightly taller than what I currently have with stock primary and 18/33 secondary gearing.
I also want to go back to 17T front sprocket, so maybe 36 on the rear, maybe 37. Will have to play a bit with a spreadsheet of my own once things settle down on my ship, right now we are silly busy trying to get things done so we can leave port, and start surveying,

I’ll be very interested to see what you decide on and your reasons!

I’m a little unsure myself.

Daniel.

As I recall the one time when I was reading about the different ratio primary gears the seller recommends a 36 for most stret uses.
Leo

As I recall the one time when I was reading about the different ratio primary gears the seller recommends a 36 for most stret uses.
Leo
Leo,
The primary gears come in different ratios from different vendors. Heiden previously sold a set that was lower (numerically higher) than the 69/32 kit Ivan Hoey is currently selling. Which is supposed to be the same as the one Halco sold back in the day.
In my case, I also went for a 120/90 rear tyre, which will raise the gearing a little bit, compared to 4.00 or 120/80.
I still believe I will end up between 17/36 and 17/38 on my bike

Back