Rear wheel size 16 vs 18 mag wheels

The xs650 never came out with 18" rear mags. If you have an 18" mag wheel set you will need to find out what bike it come off. SR500, RD400? The rear wheel will have to have modifications done to fit the 650 and Pics would help. Pros; better cornering. Cons; less stability in a straight line. For the average joe it wouldn't make any difference

Sweet!! I got three clean titled bikes all with the original motors, two extra motors, and a whole truck bed full of wheels, and multiples of every imaginable xs part. I'm sure there is a ton of cool shit I have that I don't even know what it is :laugh:

Posted via Mobile

Its defiantly the same Yamaha wheel, same axle size, same sprocket

Posted via Mobile

I'm not calling you a liar, but are you sure? :shrug: I've had some surprises in the mag wheel department before - it seems there was quite a bit of variation, but an 18" that takes a 650 sprocket and a 20mm axle from the factory would be a new one on me.

photo-38.jpg

photo-39.jpg

photo-40.jpg

That's not a 650 wheel. 650 wheels have 6 bolt sprockets, not 4. It may be from an XS500. They had an 18" mag w/disc and 4 bolt sprocket, also used a 20mm axle. Sprocket is way big for a 650 though, about 43 teeth.

you claimed the axle and sprockets were the same as the 650........seems you have made a mistake, measure the axles again, i have an RD400 wheel and the sprocket is the same as in the pic you posted and it has a 17" (rough measurement), axle. Or maybe it is an XS400 wheel. I know they have a 4 bolt sprocket as well

Back