Rearsets or not?

eman13261

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm considering putting a pair of rearsets on my bike but I'm curious as to how comfortable they are. I tend to ride long distances so I'm trying to keep my cafe build as practical as possible while still maintaining the cafe/classic look, any opinions?

Rearsets need clipons, and clipons make you feel like your looking out of the top of your head. Food for thought

Last edited:
I bought a set of mid mounts from Old School Speed and am very happy with them. I run super bars on my bike so seating is a little more upright. I would agree with the comments of clip ons... While I think they look good, I think I would look like a monkey fucking a football on my bike. I'm just shy of 6'tall. The stock pegs postion my legs a little high for my comfort and prefer my feet back a little farther. Here is a picture after I first put them on. I should also mention that I do not take long rides, more of a city cruiser and short inter city blasts.

Attachments

• 78xs.jpg
    78xs.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
I also have a set of OSS midsets on my '82, and they are quite comfortable for me - like willis, I am 6' tall. If you have a drum rear brake instead of a rear disc (like willis) the only caution is that is that by cutting the stock brake lever way back, you lose a lot of mechanical leverage on the brake arm, which then requires a much harder "push" to get the same braking effect. If you go with mid- or rearset controls, make sure your rear brake is in tip-top working condition.

Im happy with my rearset but the whole kick start issue is a pita.

Back