Rebuild DONE!

Shifty2932

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's been a long road.

It all began back in the summer of 2013. Bought this bike from a guy and with little adjustments made just ride the piss out of the bike all summer until is finally just died a few weeks after Sturgis. I think the points burnt out, but a few gaskets finally let go and so the bike was put on the shelf. I always had the thought of tearing down and making some adjustments when winter came. Well I tore it apart and did a top end rebuild, made so,e adjustments to the frame, painted the motor and dressed the fins. Gave the entire bike a new spray paint bomb of gloss and flat black paints. Then spring of 2014 we moved. The bike sat all last summer and this past winter. Finally got it back to my place in May and was able to start tinkering with and get it back to where it needed to be. Running and riding. Well today I finally went out for the first ride of the season and man does it feel good to be back on the road.

Mechanical/electric upgrades include PMA, Pamco, regulator/rectifier and a hydraulic foot clutch set up. The PMA works awesome and the PAMCO is great. Two kicks and it starts! The upgrade to a hydraulic clutch is the cats meow. Getting rid of the cable on the foot clutch was such a good decision. Oh and a new tank with a sight gauge tube. Another good idea to give a very good estimate on how much gas is left.

:bike::bike::bike:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Back