Rec reg Lithium bettery

Thanks Twomany,
Looking fwd to getting it running so I can see what it dose.

I don’t have space visible voltmeter so I am on the look out for a small switch to trigger a warning light at about 14.9v

Ditto... about the voltmeter. It was irregularities in the voltage on my onboard that alerted me to an electrical issue that I finally traced to too higher wattage headlight being fitted (60W H4). This higher current drain was putting too much stress on the alternator/battery below 3000rpm but went away when I inserted a 35W H4. Incidentaly a 35W H4 is almost equivalent in light output to the original 50W sealed beam headlight the bike came with I believe.

There is often a small space available to fit a voltmeter. I set mine on the handlebars using a plastic bicycle light mount:
Meter1.jpg
This little meter cost me £1.60 from China and has worked well and saved we a couple of times.

Last edited:
Good idea. I have a couple L.E.D. meters I got off eBay but they proved to be a bit too large for dash mounting. I had planned on adding alligator clips to one and make it into a tester. Now I know what to do with the other, lol.

They make a USB port, voltmeter with handlebar clamp. It has an on off switch so you can check volts or charge a phone without the bike being on, period piece has one.

Last edited:
Paul, I like your key "tether". Is it attached to something (the bike?) on the other end?

5twins, it is just an old lanyard. Being so light and soft it does not do any damage and I just loop it over the neutral light display. I remember years ago on my RD250 the keys scratched the instrument display to bits and when I went fast (60mph) the key case would float up into the air and then pull the key out and go flying over my head.

Back