Recommendations for a tank bag

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm contemplating my first real trip (200 miles, wooooooooo... :p ) and I'm thinking I should have a tank bag for a few extras.

Magnetic would be good, doesn't have to be huge. Water proof or a "shower cap" cover would be nice.

Downeaster - I have an extra tank bag you are welcome to. I used it for 1170 miles when I had a stock tank. It worked great for me.

91espAHTgDL._SL1500_.jpg

thats a nice bag :thumbsup:
I'm also looking for a bag of some sort but I thought a seat/tail pack might be easier to mount on the pillion seat , less in the way and would hold more.
I'm also hoping it will act as a small lumbar support hopefully.

Are you doing the trip alone or with others ?

thats a nice bag :thumbsup:
I'm also looking for a bag of some sort but I thought a seat/tail pack might be easier to mount on the pillion seat , less in the way and would hold more.
I'm also hoping it will act as a small lumbar support hopefully.

Are you doing the trip alone or with others ?

Daughter has a Kawasaki Ninja 250, the plan is that we'll go together. It's about 100 miles one way to a transportation museum/airport. She's only been riding about a year, so it'll be an adventure for her. More about the ride than the destination anyway.

They have a show pretty much every weekend in the summer, different focus on different weekends. There are two shows I want to see. Antique Truck & Tractor July 18-19 and antique motorcycles September 5-6. Weather can go either way by September so we're planning to catch the July show for sure and then if it goes well and the weather cooperates, we'll try the motorcycle show in September.

Owl's Head Transportation Museum

fantastic .. what a great trip for you both to look forward to.

Hope you'll get the chance to take a few pictures to share with us.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the link ...looks like a really top end show

I've been using various tank bags since the late '70s. I have several small magnetic ones but they're really only suitable when lightly loaded and for around town use. If you want to pack one up full for a trip, you want the strap on type. My first bag, which I still have and use, was an original standard strap on Eclipse. They were one of the first U.S. tank bag makers and set the standard that most others followed .....

Eclipse.jpg

I was going to give a bit of a hard time on calling a Sunday afternoon cruise a trip. But when you described the trip and who would be with you I decided not to.
Helping a newbie to learn more about why motorcycles are as much fun as they are is not a thing to be made fun of, it a thing to be congratulated for.
So congrats on your pending trip. I hope she enjoys it as much as you will.
Leo

Back