Reminder for all UK members

The following link gives the official Yamaha colours:

https://thexscafedotcom.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/xs650-paint/

78 SE had Vintage Burgundy and Midnight Blue as options.
79 SF had Carmine Red and Black Gold as options.
thanks Paul .great link but ..I was rather hoping that someone could tell me which of the two colours burgundy or Carmine Red I have on my cover from the image I posted.
I presume that it has to be one of those two colours but I have no idea which it is as I have never seen either colour in the flesh as it were. Maybe its neither :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ouch Meddy - $535/year - does that include insurance?

It includes what is called Transport accident insurance Pete, which is to cover yourself or other people for injuries.
3rd party insurance is what covers damage to other vehicles or property that is extra approx 100-150 a year.
Comprehensive insurance covers your vehicle as well, it would be around $300 to 500 a year.

Ouch !....thats expensive . In fact that costs more to register your bike than it costs me to insure , tax and MOT test my classic bike, scooter and car combined ...

That is on the cheaper end of the scale Peanut, because I live in the "Bush". If I lived in Melbourne it would be $670 a year, plus higher insurance of course.

Peanut, the colours are shown for 78 - 79 in the following YouTube video:
You may be familiar with Carmine Red as a Porsche colour?

I was watching the YouTube video and noticed a familiar bike. My XS2.
Yama 650 full shot Apr 10 026.jpg

Peanut, the colours are shown for 78 - 79 in the following YouTube video:
You may be familiar with Carmine Red as a Porsche colour?

71 XS1F and 79F is missing, 79SF Black/ Gold is an 80SG, 80SG is a 79 SII or an 80G SII, (visually the same), the 80G is an 81H and he has the 82 and 83 as the same bike. He doesn't show any where near the different colors through the years.

Last edited:
Back