removing fork brace

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
have a swing arm brace ,bronze bushing, fork brace etc ,found the handling good on main rds but very wooden around sharp cornors with a tendance to over steer especially turning into streets ,very little feed back...took off the fork brace yesterday and the xs CAME ALIVE ,it was amazing to get proper feed back again (also a little bit of vibrasion from the front end that will need a bit of looking into..but it goes to show maybe we can over tighten these frames:D

I had a tarozzi fork brace which is a typical top of legs brace/bottem of sliders which was set up properly,just think went over kill on the over all bracing,all worked well till put them all together,i live in mt country but if going long distance down a main hiway the brace will be going back on,just not happy on tight cornering

25-0045_zoom.jpg

That would be this one.

I had the same brace on an old 1980 xs650 special and found the same results,on tight curves i found
it felt like it limited the steering or feel,hard to explain but i ended up removing it.It may have been binding
and needed readjusted but never had bike long enough to find out,Just my take!

Back