Repairable?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have to wonder how long did this take? What started this? Did he make it home? What did it sound like?
The guy I bought it from said the engine "didn't turn" Wonder why?

head.jpg

piston.jpg

OK I am kidding on the repairable.
Oh the piston was still free in the cylinder, a chunk of barrel broke off and wedged the crank. The didn't turn part I guess. If that hadn't happened would he have said "low compression on one side"?

I have to say, that is impressive in the thoroughness of its fuckedupedness. Symmetry of stupidity?

Crazy.. hope you didn't pay too much for it. I'd like to have heard what that motor sounded like when it happened and I wonder how long it ran with those valve heads banging around in there.

Oops I thoughts I could make it home! Hope you didn't pay much. I think I have one of them sitting in the garage.

Posted via Mobile

^ You think so? I don't think that would cause as much damage as that since the motor would stop running fairly quickly. I'm going to guess a dropped valve and it kept running on the other cylinder for a bit.

Cam chain was fine the rubber had dropped out of the front guide don't know if that was before or after. There were chunks of piston out in the K&N pod! There was a rotted chunk of vacuum line on the vacuum port. my guess? She went real lean and the intake valve stuck. Then the hammering started. Seems like that amount of damage would take a while to do. The head of the intake valve finally dropped through the piston and got wedged between the counter weights and the barrel breaking off a big chunk of the liner. I think that is when she stopped for good. (or worse)

WOW!!!!!:yikes:

It actually took a few seconds to identify what I was even looking at......

I have never seen damage like that.....even on race engines.....

The person it happened to probably intentionally detonated the engine. You know, back when these things were cheap and no one wanted them. "Lets see how bulletproof these things are!"

Back