Rephased 750?

Mine has it, well worth it IMHO. PO did it, as well as carbs, Pamco, various other reliabiliy mods. There's a noticeable increase in torque and when climbing hills no need to take it out of 5th in most cases. You need to make sure your bottom end is in top condition, and you fit kevlar clutch plates. Even then the clutch will slip a little if you are agressive on the throttle in 2nd and 3rd at lowish revs (2500-4000).

Makes for a great touring engine, also well cabaple of hauling a side-car.

I.

Sitting at about 10K on my personal bike. 277 Rephase, 707CC Wiseco Kit (no longer in production) and yes, it was very much worth it.

I've sent out several cranks and cams for planned 750 engines, hopefully they'll be up and running this season and get some feedback for you guys.... Should be a nice engine, since the 750 kits aren't that high of compression as my 707, I can see it being a very reliable and enjoyable setup. Powerful, smooth running, easier on the chassis (no bolts vibrating loose and such :laugh:)

Sitting at about 10K on my personal bike. 277 Rephase, 707CC Wiseco Kit (no longer in production) and yes, it was very much worth it.

I've sent out several cranks and cams for planned 750 engines, hopefully they'll be up and running this season and get some feedback for you guys.... Should be a nice engine, since the 750 kits aren't that high of compression as my 707, I can see it being a very reliable and enjoyable setup. Powerful, smooth running, easier on the chassis (no bolts vibrating loose and such :laugh:)
Using the 144mm rod,you can use either the Wiseco KC 1100 78mm piston or JE GSXR 1100 78mm or plus for bigger displacement with an extensively welded up combustion chamber to reduce CCs by 13,then machine piston top flat and use Total Seals top gapless rings. Expensive odd ball combination for the exclusive bragging rights club only:D

hi guys ,,,,if you catch up with some members from yamaha xs650 of australia ,,,perhaps david taylor / david rayner/ or the web site manager they have all rephased alot of xs650/750kits mikesxs 750 kits and 840kits .. and they are forthcoming in info .... hope this helps you regards oldbiker

I'm digging that you can accomplish it without head mods....once you acquire the parts, it's basically bolt-on.

(Feel free to correct me!)

I have the 750 and it's carbed and cammed and even ported. I have thought about the rephase but am leaning against it. My bike is acceptably smooth. I had a broken rear engine mounting bolt and didn't know it! Replacing it smoothed out the bike. Hugh's Handbuilt can rephase your cam and crank and weld it besides, and the price is reasonable. If I did it, I'd do the 270, and the sound is great! I don't tour on my XS650. If I did, I might want to rephase it but it means pulling the motor and tearing it apart and shipping parts. I'd rather ride than do that. I've calmed the vibes with bb's in the handlebars, which are quite effective.

Are "XS Performance" & "Heiden" the same company?...so far I only see "XS Performance" 750 kits. If they are different, where do I find the "Heiden" kits?

Back