RePhased XS Goodies!

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
We've been doing this for more than 4 years or so, and I thank you folks for that!

DSC_0171_0042-1500x630.jpg

Most of you know my bike build on Pirate4x4.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719041&highlight=

Video:

And of course an article in XS650Chopper.com

http://www.xs650chopper.com/2009/06/rephased-xs650-chopper/

I am now offering Cranks and Cams on an Exchange Basis to folks that want to build a Re-Phased engine. This is for a 277 Re-Phase of course.

Cams are $185 Exchanged or $265 Outright. :thumbsup: This is an Introductory price at this time. These come with a 3 Year Warranty against any workmanship / machining failures :thumbsup:
100_5283.jpg

Cranks are $300 Exchanged and Outright pricing depends on availability of parts. This is the bare bones price given that your existing bearings are in good shape and the rods are good. I send the crank back fully trued, bearing races polished and with all the pins fully TIG welded. If the donor crank comes from a running engine, rarely are any extra parts needed.
100_5290.jpg

HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com

Hugh Owings

What does the crank include in the way of new parts? Glad to see you are doing it. :)

John

Good point, those prices are only if I can reuse the existing bearings and races. 90% of the time they are in good shape, and I've rarely had to change a bearing out if it came from a running engine.

Is that cutted and welded camshaft really functional method??

It is if you know what you are doing and do it properly. There is alot more to it than just cutting and welding. I broke many a camshaft trying to get them just right, and now I am happy to say that I have had ZERO failures since I started selling these cams. I have even turned, machined, and welded a extremely high lift Heiden Tuning Billet Camshaft for a sidecar racer in Australia who is running over 1000cc's on his rephased engine, and he reports excellent results... Feel free to email me if you have more questions.

Megacycle still machines the cams from stock material, removed the stock lobes, rebuilds them with Hard Rod and machines new lobes onto the stock cam. My method is different obviously and I don't change the lobes at all, just rephase it. Im also about $215 cheaper than Megacycle :thumbsup:

hugh you are awesome I hope your still doing this when I get started on my cafe project I'm try to a hold of a guy with 4 engines and and a rolling chassis. If I do I only need one good engine. Any trades you willing to make for the others? I should know buy the end of the month.

hugh you are awesome I hope your still doing this when I get started on my cafe project I'm try to a hold of a guy with 4 engines and and a rolling chassis. If I do I only need one good engine. Any trades you willing to make for the others? I should know buy the end of the month.

I'm always willing to do a little bit of horse trading. :thumbsup: When the time comes, just PM or Email me...

Hugh

After building several engines and over 50 cranks and cams in the last few months, I just wanted to say thank you to all my great customers!

Rephased Goodies - Get em while the getting is good :thumbsup:

Two questions:

Do you have any specials going on this month? I'd really like to get this done but am trying to weigh the pros and cons of a 500$ upgrade to my bike...

I'm going to do the banshee swap with the pamco electronic ignition. Will this work? Do I need a different ignition kit?

I was just about to buy the kit today but realized that I should make sure it'll be compatible with a rephased engine.

You'll need to get a 277 pamco and the right coils to go with the rephase and all will be good.

Thanks Travis.

The Banshee PMA works just fine with the rephase, but you will want the correct ignition. Pamcopete sells the proper ignition to get the 277's alive and roaring :thumbsup:

I hope one day when im done my build ill have enough money to do this. Personally, although less vibration is great and all, I just love the way the engine sounds rephased, has the perfect gaps in firing that just rock my world ..... Siighhh.... *cough* I mean... great work hugh, hope to do business with you someday. lol

Back