RePhased XS Goodies!

I want a rephased crank and cam just the shipping thing is a barrier living here in aus.. :(
What if I buy a crank and cam off ebay that is in the states and have them shipped to you for rephasing.. then shipping them out here? I dont know will try work something out.. Getting to the stage of being close to assembling my motor but Im thinking while I have the cases split I may as well make this thing crank! Any advice much appreciated, respect your knowledge in these issues..

.. Chris aka Robbo ..

I want a rephased crank and cam just the shipping thing is a barrier living here in aus.. :(
What if I buy a crank and cam off ebay that is in the states and have them shipped to you for rephasing.. then shipping them out here? I dont know will try work something out.. Getting to the stage of being close to assembling my motor but Im thinking while I have the cases split I may as well make this thing crank! Any advice much appreciated, respect your knowledge in these issues..

.. Chris aka Robbo ..

My overseas customers do that quite frequently :thumbsup:

My overseas customers do that quite frequently :thumbsup:

Can you rephase the earlier cranks/cams?Iwould like to rephase my 72 XS2.Apparently you can use a later crank and cam tensioners[probably moe parts required].Is there a reason the early cranks can't be used or is it a matter of not much demand to develop the mod?

I want to get the full setup with my next Playcheck. 270, PMA, Pamco, and all the other goodies to make my engine run great. I might even go for the engine build. Thanks for the options!

Can you rephase the earlier cranks/cams?Iwould like to rephase my 72 XS2.Apparently you can use a later crank and cam tensioners[probably moe parts required].Is there a reason the early cranks can't be used or is it a matter of not much demand to develop the mod?

Yes, and I have actually found that there is no need to change out all the other parts to a 447 setup, you can keep your 256 Crank and Cam and all internals :thumbsup:

Yes, and I have actually found that there is no need to change out all the other parts to a 447 setup, you can keep your 256 Crank and Cam and all internals :thumbsup:

Thats great news.When I strip my engine down I'll be sending you the crank and cam.It will probably be sometime next year as I have another project on the go.

We were looking through all of our invoices to prepare for tax season, and we've done a TOn of the 277 Rephasing for folks. Thanks so much for your continued support of the little guy

Thanks so much for your support this year folks - I have the best customers in the world -

Hugh

HAY hUGH WATS UP! I just wanted to know if you regrid the cams when you rephase them? If not is there a good cam out there I'd like loppy idle and good power up to high way speeds not a full out flat track cam (I ride a light hard tail and most of the time its
55-80 mph high ways) I ride it about + 5000 miles a year)

HAY hUGH WATS UP! I just wanted to know if you regrid the cams when you rephase them? If not is there a good cam out there I'd like loppy idle and good power up to high way speeds not a full out flat track cam (I ride a light hard tail and most of the time its
55-80 mph high ways) I ride it about + 5000 miles a year)

I'd say that 99% of our customers use the OEM grind and are very happy with it. We do have a grinder that does a "Shell #1" grind for us as well.

Hugh

We were looking through all of our invoices to prepare for tax season, and we've done a TOn of the 277 Rephasing for folks. Thanks so much for your continued support of the little guy

Thanks so much for your support this year folks - I have the best customers in the world -

Hugh

THANK YOU, for being one of the BEST suppliers I have ever gotten parts from (I have bought lots of parts over the years) I and THAT is why you have NO SHORTAGE of customers. KEEP IT UP and you will continue to have no shortage of business.

BTW, thanks for all the QUALITY parts you have supplied, some day I will save up the $$$ for a re-phase big bore motor from ya. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU, for being one of the BEST suppliers I have ever gotten parts from (I have bought lots of parts over the years) I and THAT is why you have NO SHORTAGE of customers. KEEP IT UP and you will continue to have no shortage of business.

BTW, thanks for all the QUALITY parts you have supplied, some day I will save up the $$$ for a re-phase big bore motor from ya. :thumbsup:

+1!!! I went to visit Hugh last Friday and what a great guy. We spent over an hour just shooting the sh!t about bikes, bmx, and what ever else came to mind. If I ever get my bike finished enough... I will have to take it up there from a photo op with some of that great street art by his shop.... and so it can see the pappa of some of its parts..LOL

Thanks Hugh for providing awesome parts at a reasonable price and just being you....:thumbsup:

Does the rephase give any performance gains?

Next winter is my balls to the walls performance upgrades.

I'd like to type it all out here, but in the short form? Yes - there is a TON of information on this site, and on my Blog for your reading enjoyment :thumbsup:

We are rephasing cranks and cams almost daily right now, spring is in the air for sure... Thanks so much for the support folks... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kicking out a TON of cranks and cams this week, thanks for the patience as we rebuild from the flood and the move... We are moving ahead full speed!

Hugh

.. Chris aka Robbo ..

This is exactly what I did !! I don't think it really works out cheaper but definatly safer
As your not risking sending the heavy items long distance twice !!... Including new rods it cost me $1000...
but it does leave you with a crank and cam you could sell here to make some cash back .....

I just received mine today and I'm stoked with it.... Awesome work !!

Thanks so much Hugh much appreciated...

Now I just need to wait for the rest of my rebuild kit to arrive....

null_zpsae00012f.jpg

null_zps20d1e848.jpg

Depending on the shipping options, it can be high. Sometimes shipping can be $150, other times is can be $300 - depending on territory of course.

I spy a "Special Edition" 277 HHB Sticker in that :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks so much for the business and support - and glad to see your package made it safely to the other side of the world.

Hugh

This is exactly what I did !! I don't think it really works out cheaper but definatly safer
As your not risking sending the heavy items long distance twice !!... Including new rods it cost me $1000...
but it does leave you with a crank and cam you could sell here to make some cash back .....

I just received mine today and I'm stoked with it.... Awesome work !!

Thanks so much Hugh much appreciated...

Now I just need to wait for the rest of my rebuild kit to arrive....

null_zpsae00012f.jpg

null_zps20d1e848.jpg

Yeah thanks for the stickers Hugh.. Love them !!

And to expand on my last post. It may have cost me $1000 for the setup but I personally think its worth it considering I brought a crank and cam had them sent to hugh, had hugh do the work and then send them to OZ. And i know it will seem like chump change once i kick it over the first time and hear/feel that rephased goodness. :thumbsup:

Also I was quoted a lot more to get the work done here. One place even wanted more for just the work then what it cost me in total from Hugh. And no one I asked would weld the crank. Only press it back together. If I Just wanted the crank pressed together I could have done the crank myself.

Spend the cash and get it done by HHB. You won't be disappointed.

Back