Retro look chevrons and badges Poll and opinions wanted

What do you think about retro emblems for later bikes.

• Hate them, how dare you mess up a Special?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
A member has been looking into doing some (re) casting of early type chevrons and emblems that have been slightly revised to fit later side covers.

Looking to see if there would be an interest in something like this?

These would be cast out of pewter, you will would have to apply any desired paint/colors to the emblem. And or polish it so it looks Chrome like. Pewter will polish nicely but also will go dull again in time easy to buff back up to a shine.

These are a few pics, before, after and a close up using some original parts.

chevrons 002.JPG
chevrons 003.JPG

chevrons 004.JPG

chevrons 002.JPG chevrons 003.JPG

chevrons 004.JPG

So if you like, would you be willing to pay for them???? cost and pewter availability are some of the things being wrestled with. These would not have mounting pins so would need to be attached to the side cover with adhesive. Pewter is soft enough that it can be shaped to lay perfectly flat on your covers.

Others sell emblems painted to match the 5 early colors at about $40 each, chevrons to fit the early covers are $90 the pair. I am not aware of any chevrons to fit late covers being done.
Mikes does sell early style tank badges to bolt to the special tanks so we would not re-invent that wheel.

Let's hear it; good, bad, sacrilege?

These fit nicely on the metal special, Sp II sidecovers too. With a little trimming for length the chevrons are a great fit on the 74-79 standards also.

ide do it for sure. but paying $90 bucks each for what is out there now is too much. Ide pay $90 for both. Hopefully these new castings are cheaper.
I have the tank badges for the special tank that you speak of. They look nice. The details could be better, though.

Where's the poll box that sez "I'm too effin' cheap to spend $200 on badges" eh?
BTW I bought a pair of that guy's cast pewter Triumph-styled tank badges and they are really nice.
I'd recommend his work to anyone.
Even If I am too cheap to buy his latest offering for myself.
"Who's cheaper than a cheap Scotsman? A spendthrift ex-Bristolian."

Back